Dear Santa …

Dear Santa …

Dear Santa,

I’m so sorry that I’m a little late in writing to you this year. I hope to make up for it in the form of a new business proposal. We both know that you have a particularly impressive CV. I’ve begun to think that you may have outgrown your position? In my humble opinion, your potential is being monumentally wasted in your current role as Santa Clause, bearer of Barbie Dolls.

Following your annual review, I’d like to propose a promotion. You will no longer be responsible for the giving of material gifts, and the mundane task of wrapping presents. Loved ones across the globe have proved themselves more than capable of stepping up in your place (don’t worry, all mail has been redirected). Instead, I’d like to suggest that your priorities become more unique Christmas gifting. As you will no longer be needing all of that Christmas magic as flying fuel for your reindeer (Royal Mail has it covered, as long as no one is trying to send cash in cards), lets start by utilising it to give less traditional Christmas gifts in the form of miracles.

I’ve been awfully good this year. I’d like to take the opportunity to provide you with my new and improved Christmas miracle list. You’ll notice it’s full of only immaterial desires.

Firstly, I’ve had a really busy year. I don’t know if you’ve kept up to date with our news over here but I think its a pretty common consensus that millennials have it bad right now, I know we’re not without our faults, but I swear I don’t even like avocado, and those who do surely don’t deserve such a bad wrap for it? So these five things (I know I usually ask for much more but I figured these all have a higher value) are all kind of based on that.

1. I’d love if you could revisit the £3k per year university fee cap. Even £3k seems a little steep for what we’re actually getting in return but ‘you don’t get something for nothing‘, we get it. Its just that for a 22 year old, £30 odd grand of debt in exchange for a degree seems pretty harsh (if you could backdate any changes I’d be grateful).
  2. Lets talk about the costs involved for a young person desperately trying to get a foot on the property ladder. I for one, would love to own my own (reasonably sized and nicely located) house before the age of, I don’t know, lets say thirty. Being a part of the generation of renters and grown adults still having to live with mummy and daddy just isn’t very cool.
  3. I’m working my ass off trying to create regular content that people want to see over on my Instagram, but oddly as soon as my followers go up by one they also drop by two. Is there some way of getting it to only go up? (I heard on the grape vine that it has something to do with a dumb new algorithm, hope that helps).
  4. I love blogging and put a lot of work into it. If you could
    a) up my followers and traffic to a few hundred thousand, maybe a million. I’m pretty sure you’re not following me so you can start by fixing that.
    b) have a word with a couple of brands that are in my Inbox category ‘didn’t go anywhere’. They seem to think that its okay to approach me and then just ignore my response?
  5. You might be familiar with the feeling of constantly second guessing yourself? Do I want the shoes or the holiday? Am I a good enough blogger to ever get anywhere with it? Does my friend hate me or is she just to busy to speak to me right now? Is that girl looking at me funny because she thinks I look like I’m trying too hard…. not hard enough? You get the picture. If you could have a word with my inside voice and make her a little more confident, that would be great.

PS. I know I said I only wanted five things. I do apologise but I think I speak for a majority of the world in asking if there’s anything you can do about Donald Trump? Even permanently deactivating his twitter account would help us out a bunch. It’s just we’re getting awfully worried that we won’t live to see another Christmas.

Kindest regards,

1. December 10, 2017 / 12:54 pm

I loved this post! So unique and well wrote! Definitely want to re read it haha! All the points are so true aswell! Xx

• December 10, 2017 / 8:48 pm

Brilliant 🤣🤣, it’s time he stopped spending so much time on giving gifts to children, afterall that’s what parents are for, and spent a bit of time showing us adults a bit of love. Great post.

2. December 10, 2017 / 1:17 pm

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 I loved this so much.

3. Hello Bexa
    December 10, 2017 / 1:55 pm

Such a brilliant letter Sophie 💕 So thoughtful and well written. It made me smile when you asked Santa 🎅🏻 to follow your blog. Maybe the reindeer can follow too, that’s 8 more! He he! Loved reading this, so many good points and I hope you get everything you wish for 😘 xx

• December 10, 2017 / 1:59 pm

Thank you! Its a bit of a different post to my usual so I’m really glad you liked it!x

4. December 10, 2017 / 2:32 pm

This is the realest Santa note I’ve ever seen. I’m sure a solution to those points would make a few hundred thousand people extremely happy. Such an unique post, I love it!
    Carly x

5. December 10, 2017 / 2:58 pm

I love this so much! Beautifully written too 💗

6. December 10, 2017 / 5:25 pm

Great letter 🙂

7. December 10, 2017 / 7:34 pm

Love the style of this post great idea x

8. December 10, 2017 / 8:35 pm

Really enjoyed this! Such a fun and creative post! I think a lot of people could relate to what you were asking for, including me!

9. December 10, 2017 / 8:42 pm

Sophie, this is a wonderful post! You’re so right, us humans really can take care of the material things. It’s the big things we certainly need help with. If only Santa really could help with Brexit and politics and global warming 💖

10. December 10, 2017 / 9:00 pm

I love this post!! So beautifully written and I couldn’t agree more with all your points! I’d love my own house but that certainly won’t be happening soon and if I ever get to my next Instagram follower milestone I’ll probably be an old lady! X

11. Corinne and Kirsty
    December 10, 2017 / 9:01 pm

aww this post is so nice to read. Cute but true. a really creative post. so relatable too! xx corinne

12. December 10, 2017 / 9:22 pm

A beautiful post, very creative! There is a few things on that list I could definitely do with X

13. December 10, 2017 / 11:06 pm

This was one of my favorite posts that I’ve read all year!

• December 11, 2017 / 4:34 pm

That comment literally just made my day! Thank you so much!x

14. Judanna
    December 10, 2017 / 11:23 pm

Love love LOVE this!!! So well written, so perfectly sarcastic, but also speaking so much truth! I agree with every single thing on this list – you have hit the nail on the head!! Will definitely be bookmarking this one so I can reread it again and again! Such a fab idea, and so well executed! Loved it x

• December 11, 2017 / 4:35 pm

Ah yay! This is a little different to my usual posts so it means so much that you liked it!x

15. December 11, 2017 / 12:15 am

Hahah I LOVE the way you wrote this post. So original. Thanks for making my evening 👏🏼🤣

16. December 11, 2017 / 10:22 am

This was so very well written and I think a lot of your followers myself incuded agree with your requests. 😊

17. December 12, 2017 / 5:12 pm

So thoughtful, well-written & original, I love it! Brilliant letter, hope he listens! ✨