Why I Recommend A New Year Spa Stay

Why I Recommend A New Year Spa Stay

I don’t mean to begin on a low, but I don’t like January. Christmas is over, the new year pressure is on, and it’s so cold. Luckily, I’ve recently discovered a revolutionary way to make the whole ‘January’ situation not just bearable, but enjoyable!? Its so simple : visit a Spa.

Aqua Sana Spa Stay

Our Aqua Sana Experience

My partner and I recently visited one of the Center Parcs Aqua Sana’s for a Luxury Spa Break. Despite living pretty close to our chosen Village in Elveden I honestly felt like we could have been anywhere. The Spa Suites are located with a wonderful and peaceful view of the woodland. The suite’s fridge was stocked with drinks and chocolate covered strawberries. The bedroom led to the most gorgeous oversized bath I’ve ever seen. Our package included unlimited Spa access for the duration of our stay, an evening meal, breakfast, lunch and a 55 minute hot stone massage treatment. Jamie was happy with the signature treatment, and really enjoyed it. I chose to upgrade mine to an Elemis Biotec Radiance Renew Facial which was perfect for me, read more about it here. The Spa itself has a variety of different steam rooms, pools, gardens, and places to just relax and spend some quality time doing absolutely nothing.

Aqua Sana Spa Stay

Aqua Sana Spa Stay

Why I’d Recommend A Luxury Spa Stay

There really is no better time than the beginning of a new year to take advantage of that underused do not disturb feature. To forget about the world outside, and focus on some self-care. My skin in January is more in need of a facial than at any other time. The Christmas periods is full of too much wine and not enough fruit or exercise. My facial visibly improved my complexion and I couldn’t recommend it enough. The experience was a great way of feeling better by taking better care of my mental and physical health. Having a little time away from worrying about anything or anyone else was incredibly refreshing. It gave us the chance to talk about all of the positive things that we have to look forward to this year.

One of my largest self-professed flaws is a tendency to get quickly stressed out and very easily frustrated. It sounds so cliché but having some down time with absolutely nothing to worry about was incredibly helpful. A little pampering combined with a taste of luxury is a fail-proof way of kickstarting the new year well.

1. January 25, 2018 / 9:12 pm

I’ve literally just been looking at weekends away to a spa! I’ve never actually been to one and I’m desperate to get a massage! This spa looks lovely so I’m definitely going to have a little look at some dates, the bath also looks amazing! Fabulous Post xx

• January 25, 2018 / 10:40 pm

Oh how strange! I love a good Spa day, I hope you enjoy wherever you choose to go! Thanks lovely xx

2. January 26, 2018 / 2:27 am

after reading this, I really want to go to a spa. I never been and I know it’s way overdue for me to! 💜

• January 26, 2018 / 3:51 pm

Definitely try and make some time for it! Its so worthwhile!x

3. January 27, 2018 / 7:11 pm

I need a spa day! Definitely going to look into booking one soon xx

• January 28, 2018 / 9:26 am

They’re so worth it, I hope its great when you go!x

4. January 28, 2018 / 9:03 am

Forget the spa! The bath sounds amazing! 😁
    I’m not overly confident with myself to go for a spa day… The idea of being touched by a stranger kinda makes me shudder! But your experience does sound fab 😊

Abby x

• January 28, 2018 / 9:33 am

It was incredible! I know what you mean, I’m far too uncomfortable to get a massage or anything more intimate than a facial, but you can just have a spa day without a treatment!x

5. January 28, 2018 / 9:31 am

This is such a good idea! I cannot believe that January is almost over and I hadn’t thought of this. But next year I will be all over this. I definitely love this idea!

• January 28, 2018 / 9:41 am

I’m definitely going to make it a January tradition!

6. January 28, 2018 / 10:07 am

I’m going on a spa trip soon – I literally cannot wait! It’s my fave thing to do 😍

7. January 28, 2018 / 11:51 am

This makes me want to book a spa trip like right now!!! Aren’t they just the best?! ☺️ Xo

8. January 29, 2018 / 8:49 pm

I absolutely love centre Parcs! Never been to their spa but after reading this I definitely need too 🙂 xx

• January 29, 2018 / 9:00 pm

Me too! The Elveden one is amazing and I’ve only heard good things about the others too!x

9. January 29, 2018 / 8:56 pm

Your pictures look so nice! And is it me or does January drag on forever? Perhaps an early valentines present to me will be a spa day ✨😂

• January 29, 2018 / 9:01 pm

Aw thanks lovely, yes it totally does! Thats a great idea!x

10. Hello Bexa
    January 29, 2018 / 8:56 pm

Oh. My. This looks and sounds amazing! I had a hot stone massage recently and it’s definitely made me want to book a full spa day. Brilliant post Sophie and thank you for sharing your experience 💕 xx

• January 29, 2018 / 9:09 pm

Definitely book one! Thanks so much, glad you liked it!x

11. Emily Isobelle Jane
    January 29, 2018 / 9:39 pm

This sounds like the perfect stay and get away! I wish I’d done something like this! I feel the new year is the worse time for me as it’s dark and Christmas is over! Getting away and having time to think and plan for the year ahead would be perfect! Great pictures as always sophie!

Emily xx

• January 29, 2018 / 9:44 pm

January makes me feel the exact same, I find it one of the worst months! Thanks so much lovely x

12. January 29, 2018 / 9:39 pm

You know, I’ve never even been to a spa and this makes me want to go! It definitely looks like you had a lovely time!

Great post! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

• January 29, 2018 / 9:47 pm

I was never very interested until a couple years ago when my mum made me go and I’ve loved going since! x

13. Lisa's Notebook
    January 29, 2018 / 10:15 pm

I would love a spa break but my husband would rather stick pins in his eyes 🙈 so I’d be going alone! I’ve heard great things about Centre Parcs though and your review and amazing pics have definitely reinforced that impression. Thank you so much for sharing your stay xx

14. January 30, 2018 / 12:40 am

This looks sooo lush 😍 What a great way to beat the January blues! I think relaxing in a spa is the perfect way to reflect upon the year ahead, and to get relaxed and motivated.

I’m planning a spa day with a friend next weekend and I can’t wait! Seeing your pictures has got me even more excited! xx

15. January 30, 2018 / 4:22 pm

This is amazing! I would love to do this, sounds so relaxing and peaceful! Great way to start the year! 💕💕

16. January 30, 2018 / 9:22 pm

I think I fell into a relaxed trance just reading this! It sounds like you had an amazing time! I’ve never considered a spa day in January but you’re totally riht, it sounds like a great time to go for a little new year refresh. Might have to rethink this for next year! x

17. January 31, 2018 / 10:01 pm

Going to a spa sounds so fabulous! I may have to try and recreate the spa experience in my bathroom lol.