‘On Wednesdays We Wear Pink’

Over the Winter months I find it far too easy to sit myself down into a fashion rut. With no high school Mean Girls kicking me off their table if I’m not wearing pink or following the rules, blacks and greys become go to colours, and chucking on sweaters on a daily basis seems totally acceptable. Sweaters are super cosy and can look great over the colder months, but right now I’m over it. The days are slowly but surely staying lighter for longer, and although Spring still seems so distant, I can’t help but feel hopeful in the knowledge that when it eventually rolls around, it will be brighter and nicer and better.

Pink Trucker Jacket

We all know that the best way to prepare for a new season is to shop. I’ve already started my online hunt for Winter to Spring transition pieces, trawling online stores for must have pieces. Thats when I found it. I was innocently perusing Pretty Little Things newest additions when I laid eyes on the perfect Cropped Trucker Jacket.

Pink Trucker Jacket

You know why I love it? Its effortless, its flattering and it’s the perfect pink.

Pink Trucker Jacket

I can still pair it with plain grey bodies like this one from ASOS and Skinny Black Trousers, but tell me the boring neutrals don’t look a hell of a lot better now.

Pink Trucker Jacket

This has quickly become my new go to statement jacket. Its so versatile, it’s easily wearable from day to night and I feel like throwing it on over any neutral colours turns me from plain girl to Girl Boss.

The gorgeous pink colour is definitely one of the reasons I love this jacket so much. If you’re not such a huge fan of pink though, they also have gorgeous burgundyblack and white versions of it available as well.

1. Creative Nails
    February 8, 2018 / 7:59 pm

This is soo pretty – I love it, the colour is gorgeous! It really suits you! It’s a shame they don’t do it anymore – I bet it sold out pretty quick though!

Amy,

• February 9, 2018 / 9:48 am

Thank you I do too! Its such a shame! I only bought it just over a week ago and its already gone!x

2. February 8, 2018 / 8:25 pm

This is such a gorgeous coat and a beautiful colour, I love dusky pink. I’m so over Winter too and have been living in jumpers and don’t feel very fashionable in the slightest D: x x
    Ellis // http://www.elliswoolley.co.uk

• February 9, 2018 / 9:52 am

Thats exactly how I felt which is why I needed some new clothes haha!x

3. February 8, 2018 / 8:59 pm

This is such a gorgeous outfit! I adore the colour of the jacket! I agree though it’s so easy to just hibernate away in wooly jumpers and leggings this time of year! 😂

4. Lisa's Notebook
    February 8, 2018 / 10:38 pm

That colour is just perfect for you, spot on. A beautiful ashes of roses sadly does nothing for me but I have been known to rock a real cherry pink (well, I think so anyway). Pink is great for lifting my mood and brightening my face, just what’s needed at the moment. Fab title for your post too! x

• February 9, 2018 / 10:07 am

Aw thank you! Any pink is good! Its just such a nice bright colour!x

5. February 8, 2018 / 11:13 pm

I think for the winter season I just live in comfy sweaters – definitely a bit of less effort compared to other seasons where I’m trying to get the perfect color scheme for my outfit. I love how the jacket can be worn casually or dressed up a bit – definitely a variety of ways to wear one thing is the best to play around with! I especially love the color; such a nice shade of pink!

• February 9, 2018 / 11:04 am

I do the same but I’m so over Winter now, I just want it to be brighter and warmer! Thank you!

6. February 9, 2018 / 6:18 am

I love that jacket!

7. February 9, 2018 / 8:40 pm

I am here for this. I hate my style choices in winter sometimes. It’s not so bad on a day where I have plans and actually make an effort. But those days at home or simple outfit days? Even if I’ve tried to look cute I’ll end up changing or ruining it by throwing a huge jumper on when I get cold. That jacket is adorable! x

8. February 9, 2018 / 8:58 pm

You look absolutely amazing in these photos, that jacket. Oh my gosh its so pretty.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the top is actually my favourite part, I love the detail on the back of it!

Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

• February 10, 2018 / 9:14 am

Aw thank you so much! Its so cute isn’t it, I can’t wait to pair these more often in the Spring/Summer when its a bit warmer!x

9. Bexa
    February 9, 2018 / 9:15 pm

Such a gorgeous colour Sophie 💖 it really suits you! Girl Boss indeed, you look awesome! 😘 xx

10. February 9, 2018 / 10:04 pm

Looks great on you! 🖤 such a great colour! I hate my winter wardrobe choices!
    Thanks for this xx

• February 10, 2018 / 9:16 am

Thank you! Its so easy to get stuck in a rut isn’t it!x

11. February 9, 2018 / 10:14 pm

What a beautiful jacket, I recently got a bomber jacket in a similar colour from SimplyBe and I love it. Yours looks fab on, perfect seasonal transitional style (:

• February 10, 2018 / 9:17 am

They’re such cute jacket styles aren’t they- so flattering! Thank you!

12. February 9, 2018 / 10:26 pm

This is such a beautiful jacket! 😍
    The color is perfect for spring! 🙌🏼

13. February 9, 2018 / 10:33 pm

That coat is sooo pretty! I love how you paired it with your outfit x

Adell | adellbaker.com

14. February 9, 2018 / 10:49 pm

The colour is so stunning, especially how it changes it sun and shade!

15. February 10, 2018 / 8:09 am

You look lovely in pink

16. akjmusicblog
    February 10, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Oh my god that jacket – I NEED to get one! I love the pieces you’ve paired it with, might need to go on a little shopping spree 😉

Amy | hookedonthemusic.com

• February 11, 2018 / 12:42 pm

I’m in love with it! Haha thanks lovely, hope you get some nice things 😉 x

17. February 11, 2018 / 10:55 am

This jacket is GORGEOUS! I love how soft and cosy the material looks too and you absolutely rock it. Loving the look of the burgundy one aswell, this definitely looks like a staple item for this season!
    Alice Xx

• February 11, 2018 / 12:45 pm

Thanks lovely, I love it! They’re just so flattering xx

18. February 11, 2018 / 12:32 pm

I feel the same, i’m constantly wearing jeans and a hoodie at the moment. The outfit really suits you! Great post!!

19. September 2, 2018 / 5:49 pm

Oh my gosh, I love the Mean Girls reference! But really, your jacket looks fabulous on you 🙌