The Staple Coat Style: Winter/ Spring Edit

The Staple Coat Style: Winter/ Spring Edit

Christmas feels like a lifetime ago and I’m so excited for the arrival of Spring. When it comes to fashion, March and April are tricky. They’re the odd in-between months when you’re just not sure whether to stick to your Winter wear or to prematurely crack out the Summer styles. If you’re looking for a staple coat I’d say that Trench style coats are definitely the way to go. They’re by far my favourite type of coat to style. They effortlessly dress up any outfit and work really well for both Winter and Spring. Although my warmest coat is a duffel, my trench coats get the most wear in times requiring both style and an extra layer.

Jaeger

The Staple Coat Style

This coat is from Jaeger, but I’ve had it a while so unfortunately its no longer on their website. It’s perfect paired with dark colours in Winter, but the light grey is really versatile. When paired with pale pinks and other Spring staple colours, it transitions into the ever so slightly warmer weather really well.

The Staple Coat Style

My pick of Jaeger’s new season is this double face coat which is similar in length and its neutral easy to wear style. I think its absolutely gorgeous and have been arguing with myself for a while now over whether I really need another coat!

Ted Baker

You probably know by now that for any staple piece I’m a huge fan of neutral palettes. I highly approve of camel, which is super easy to wear and so versatile. My Ted Baker coat is perfect for Spring but looks great on those cold, bright Winter days too. I love how many different ways it can be worn; with or without the belt and with the collar down or pulled up. Ted Baker are a bit of a pain with their sizing though, mine is a size 2.

The Staple Coat Style

1. March 1, 2018 / 6:10 pm

I LOVE THIS POST & LOVE THESE COATS.

-Bree
    Letsbebreef.com/blog

2. Bexa
    March 1, 2018 / 6:20 pm

You look lovely in both of these coats! 💖 I really love the Ted Baker one, it’s the perfect colour for spring and goes so well with your outfit. Great post Sophie! 😘 xx

3. Beccy Kiernan
    March 1, 2018 / 6:28 pm

Love your coat!!. X

4. peonycrescent
    March 1, 2018 / 6:36 pm

You look absolutely stunning in them Sophie! And, I just can‘t figure out, which actress looks just exactly like you. I‘ll message you the name, if I remember who it was, but anyways: Those coats really are beautiful and they all suit you very well!
    xx Hilal

• March 1, 2018 / 6:37 pm

Haha ooh please do I’d be really interested to know! Thanks so much x

5. March 1, 2018 / 7:29 pm

Loving your photos! I prefer the light grey one, but that’s probably because I’m drawn to darker colours more – I think it’s being a Mum and knowing light coloured things don’t hide sticky finger marks as well!!!!

Melanie | http://www.frasersfunhouse.com

6. March 1, 2018 / 8:17 pm

Wow, how gorgeous!! You look lovely in both of these x

7. Lisa's Notebook
    March 1, 2018 / 9:45 pm

I do love a camel trench coat, it’s so stylish (as you so ably demonstrate) but not very practical for me just now. County living and school runs do not mix with pale colours, sadly, so my coat of choice/necessity is a good old Fat Face parka! Lovely post and photos xx

• March 2, 2018 / 8:25 am

Yeah I agree that they’re not the most practical, I live in the county too and you can usually catch me in a Jack Wills down filled coat over Winter haha! These are purely my ‘going out’ coats haha. Thank you Lisa x

8. March 1, 2018 / 10:24 pm

I absolutely adore trench coats! They are a staple in my wardrobe and I love pairing them with skirts and turtle necks or simple dresses and boots!
    Love, Cally x

• March 2, 2018 / 8:27 am

Both great ways to style them too! Thank you for reading x

9. March 1, 2018 / 11:48 pm

Awesome!! Great post

Xoxo iconicself.com/blog

10. March 2, 2018 / 3:59 am

I love winter because I get to wear coats! Coats are the best form of clothing, you can’t tell me otherwise

• March 2, 2018 / 8:33 am

I love coats too, some are so gorgeous and effortless x

11. amerzxo
    March 2, 2018 / 12:56 pm

I love both the coats you’re wearing, they look like they’re so easy to style! I love wearing coats but I hate having to wear them in Winter if that makes sense? I just really don’t like the cold weather haha xx

• March 3, 2018 / 8:47 am

I’m exactly the same, I love styling coats as they’re so effortless, but I’m a huge fan of Summer and weather that you don’t need a coat for, haha!

12. March 2, 2018 / 1:15 pm

Omg I love these pics of you sophie! Like you’re just stunning and I love your honey blonde…These coats are gorgeous, the tan color is my fave then the charcoal one. I’ve always adored trench coats but my weather doesn’t really call for them so I just wear long cardigans instead tehe. Thanks for sharing 🙂 <3

xx Lena | https://lenadeexo.com

• March 3, 2018 / 8:51 am

Thanks so much Lena! You’re lucky that your weather doesn’t call for them, I love styling them but hate the cold!x

13. Jess Barker
    March 2, 2018 / 2:13 pm

Oh my gosh I love these coats, they look incredible on you, especially the Ted Baker one, how gorgeous ♡
    I can never pull off a trench coat, don’t ask me why, I just look really odd which sucks because they are the perfect Spring coat.
    Lovely post!

Jessica xo | jessinwonderland.com

14. March 2, 2018 / 3:31 pm

I love a good coat, it can make the outfit go from 0 to 10! Those two are really gorgeous x

15. March 2, 2018 / 6:40 pm

Trench coats really suit you! I only own one trench coat in a grey colour and I really love it! The only problem is that it’s not as thick as I’d hoped so not ideal for the current weather which is snow 😭 but you look gorgeous in these coats! x

• March 3, 2018 / 8:54 am

Oh thats such a shame! I’m usually cold no matter what I wear so I just try and layer and hope for the best haha! Thanks Lauren x

16. March 2, 2018 / 7:14 pm

I love trench coats! And coats in general. You can never go wrong with a good coat! I mean, especially in this weather, they are never an unnecessary purchase. I agree that neutrals are always a good way to go, but, you know, a pop of colour can also become a neutral from time to time. 😉

Love,
    Dominique

• March 3, 2018 / 8:56 am

I totally agree with a pop of colour, I just always tend to invest in neutrals for high-end purchases and find pops of colour from the high street xx

17. March 3, 2018 / 3:40 pm

omg you’re rocking these! I know what you mean when it comes to this time of the year the hardest thing for me is choosing what shoes to wear! Can’t wait for summer when I can just bring out all the sandals and heels! xx

G

• March 3, 2018 / 4:19 pm

Thank you so much! Its so difficult to know what to wear in general isn’t it! Summers my favourite time of the year too x

18. Fatimah
    March 3, 2018 / 6:50 pm

You look lovely in these coats! I think trench coats are a stylish classic piece of clothing that anybody can pull off easily, I don’t have one yet but have my eye on one which I will be purchasing soon! xx

FATIMAH • ROSEYGOLDBOX

• March 3, 2018 / 7:11 pm

Thanks so much! Ooh I hope you love yours as much as I love mine! x

19. perrinevautour
    March 3, 2018 / 7:57 pm

Love these coats! And the colours you chose are perfect 🙂 blue and beige are my go-to colours when it comes to coats 😀

Perrine

• March 3, 2018 / 9:59 pm

Thank you lovely! Ooh I could do with a navy trench actually! x

20. March 3, 2018 / 11:17 pm

I’m obsessed with camel coats, I think I have four right now, so naturally the Ted Baker one is my favourite. None of them are trench coats though. It might be time to get shopping.I hate those in between seasons when you’re not sure what to wear x

• March 4, 2018 / 8:36 am

I hate the in-between seasons too, just get us to Summer! haha x

21. ALB
    March 4, 2018 / 2:47 am

I LOVE coats like these so much!! They look so classy. I literally had a kids one that was hot pink when I was like 8 haha!! My fashion sense has evolved a little bit since then but I still love this type of style! Nice post. 😉

• March 4, 2018 / 8:36 am

Haha sounds like you were a super cool 8 year old though! Thank you x

22. March 6, 2018 / 4:26 pm

You styled both of the coats so well I really need get myself one of these! They look so pretty! xx

23. March 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Love your coat! i have been wanting to find one like it. Long!

24. March 16, 2018 / 7:36 am

I love this colour! In fact I’m loving all neutrals this spring !

25. May 4, 2018 / 8:20 pm

I’m loving the camel trench coat!! Paired with jeans and heels? Effortlessly gorgeous!! 🙂 <3 Great post!