A Tale As Old As Time | Disney at The Kensington

A Tale As Old As Time | Disney at The Kensington

Disney A Tale As Old As Time

My love of Disney

My love of Disney is no secret and Beauty and the Beast will always be one of my favourites. Last year on finding that The Kensington’s ‘A Tale as Old as Time’ was fully booked, I was gutted to think that I’d missed it. Thankfully I was presented with a second chance when the theme was extended due to high demand.

The afternoon tea actually completed a long weekend city break in London. We kicked it off at Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s On The Run || tour. While we were planning the break, Jamie and I debated which hotel to stay in for our last two nights. The moment we stepped foot in The Kensington, I regretted our decision. A beautiful and elegant location with impeccable service, the Kensington Hotel would have without a doubt been worth the slightly higher price tag than that of The Hilton (which I wouldn’t recommend, but that’s another story).

The Kensington Hotel

The Afternoon Tea

The afternoon tea comprised of delicious Disney Beauty and the Beast themed goodies, began with an extensive and unlimited tea menu. It was accompanied by a three-piece canopy starter and followed by sandwiches and sweet treats. There’s only so much that can be done with sandwiches but the food was delicious and the menu so intricately planned. The grey stuff (is delicious), the last rose petal was suspended in a palate-cleansing jelly flecked with real gold, and a macaroon snowball inspired by one of my favourite scenes; the one in which Belle and the Beast realize they’ve fallen in love. Last but not least was my favourite feature; the Cogsworth biscuit, which was so intricate and almost too life-like to eat, but delicious once I did.

Disney A Tale As Old As TimeDisney A Tale As Old As Time

This particular afternoon tea sets you back at least £45.00 per person. There are also optional additions such as themed cocktails or prosecco incurring additional costs. In comparison, we’ve brunched at The Ivy for less and dined on lobster at The Wolseley for around the same price, so it’s definitely extravagant. Despite the initial ‘how much for a couple of sandwiches??’, the expense not only covers food, but also the impeccable service and the experience itself. It’s tailored specifically to anyone who is fondly familiar with the tale as old as time. A wonderful experience and much more memorable than the average scone and tea pairing.

Disney A Tale As Old As Time

Our attendant was attentive. He was welcoming and more than happy to cater for Jamie’s recently developed gluten intolerance at very short notice. We were provided with an alternative menu without hesitation or question. He took time explaining the relevance of every aspect of the menu and the unlimited nature of sandwiches and tea. What impressed me the most was the offer of taking a picture without us even having to ask.

Disney A Tale As Old As Time

Although the Kensington is fully booked for this specific menu, I’m now a fully fledged fangirl, and I look forward to keeping an eye out for future excuses to be their guest.

1. June 28, 2018 / 6:04 pm

This looks like such a treat, and although expensive, sometimes it’s great to indulge and do something really special. The attention to detail is something else on those sweet treats. Divine!

• June 28, 2018 / 7:39 pm

I couldn’t agree more! I’m the type of person who would much rather have one amazing experience than five average ones!

2. June 28, 2018 / 6:16 pm

This afternoon tea looks amazing, so many cute little details. I love beauty and the beast so this is beyond amazing.
    I would love to go to something like this.
    Also your outfit is very pretty, you look gorgeous 😊💕

3. June 28, 2018 / 6:30 pm

This is the cutest afternoon tea I have ever seen, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! Gorgeous photos and you look stunning! <3

4. June 28, 2018 / 7:44 pm

What a wonderful treat Sophie! 💖 The whole experience looks so delightful and I love the Beauty & The Beast theme. I really like their attention to detail especially on the Cogsworth biscuit and the service sounded fantastic. It all looks so tasty and your photography is stunning, you look gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing 😘 xx

• June 28, 2018 / 7:45 pm

It was so lovely, I definitely expected the high levels of service for the price and the location but they didn’t let us down on a thing! xx

5. June 28, 2018 / 8:02 pm

Wow everything looks utterly gorgeous! I would love to visit some time 😲

6. Lisa's Notebook
    June 28, 2018 / 10:07 pm

This looks so much fun, what a lovely, special treat. I think Flora would enjoy something like this. I’ve promised to take her for a proper afternoon tea for her next birthday so although London is probably too far away, I can use your post as inspiration! Glad you had a lovely time, and you look gorgeous 🙂 xx

• June 28, 2018 / 10:33 pm

I bet she would! I’m sure there are loads of amazing places you can find that she’ll love! Thanks so much xx

7. June 29, 2018 / 2:46 pm

I love themed afternoon teas, this is the most beautiful one ive seen!

8. June 29, 2018 / 8:16 pm

This is quite possibly the cutest post I have ever written, the theme just looks so sweet I’m very jealous! – I love an afternoon tea but never been to a themed one before.

Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

9. June 29, 2018 / 8:19 pm

Oh my god I would love this so much! I bet it was such a magical experience! That Cogsworth biscuit looks so cute I wouldn’t want to eat it. That is a lot of money but like you said it would be a wonderful experience! I am glad you had a nice time and you look beaut!! xx

10. June 29, 2018 / 8:22 pm

Great post! This looks delicious and like so much fun x

11. June 29, 2018 / 8:54 pm

Sounds like an amazing afternoon tea! I have heard of the Kensington hotel and their beauty and the beast afternoon tea. I am a jealous! I wanna go!

12. June 29, 2018 / 9:26 pm

This is so cute! I love how they actually have themed afternoon teas.

13. June 29, 2018 / 9:42 pm

Bummer that it was expensive but tea is seriously such a fun experience! Don’t feel bad for indulging :3

cabin twenty-four

14. June 29, 2018 / 10:09 pm

Oh my gosh, so adorable!! I love Beauty and the Beast and it sounds like you had a magical time <3 All the treats look so yummy! x

15. June 30, 2018 / 12:26 am

This looks incredible! It’s amazing that they managed to cater for Jamie’s intolerance at such short notice, that can be such a struggle. I’m not even a huge Disney fan and I can’t stop looking at those amazing biscuits. This sounds like it was absolutely worth every single penny and I imagine it would be the most incredible experience for a big Disney fan. Also, slightly off topic but you look absolutely stunning here too! x

16. June 30, 2018 / 1:29 am

This looks like an experience I’d love to share with my two granddaughters. We love Beauty & The Beast.

17. June 30, 2018 / 2:44 am

!!! Love that you got to have a Beauty and the Beast theme at Kensington’s! Oh man, they don’t play around with the grey stuff! The whole setup is so cute. Even though there’s a cost to the whole theme, at least it’s worth it with the experience you get. Thanks for sharing this experience!

18. June 30, 2018 / 10:27 am

How amazing! I love Beauty and the Beast and
    I would have loved to experience this! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Thank you for sharing 😊

19. magicoftmrw
    July 2, 2018 / 5:08 am

This is so amazing. I never even knew this place existed. I agree, the price is a little steep. But honestly, you only live once so why not!

20. July 2, 2018 / 10:26 pm

This looks amazing! I wanted to go there for ages but it was all booked out. I’d definitely treat myself to an afternoon tea here. It’s not so badly priced compared to Sketch! x

21. July 4, 2018 / 5:39 am

That is such a gorgeous dress you’ve got on!

nataliesdailylife.wordpress.com

22. newgirlintoon
    July 13, 2018 / 5:41 am

OMG how amazing is the Cogsworth biscuit? So glad you got to do it in the end, it looks beautiful!

23. July 21, 2018 / 12:26 am

This place is sooo cute. OMG I love beauty and the beast!

24. August 9, 2018 / 10:36 am

Girl you’re so bloody gorgeous and this is the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen! The cogsworth biscuit is amazing and I love how they’ve got all the character crockery too! I’d absolutely love to go to one of these, beauty and the beast is by far one of my favourite Disney movies along with The Little Mermaid!
    Alice Xx

• August 9, 2018 / 3:10 pm

Aw thank you so much! It was amazing and definitely worth a trip for the Disney fan! I love The Little Mermaid too! x

25. August 9, 2018 / 2:21 pm

This is the cutest little set up ever! I love Beauty and the Beast, both the cartoon and the remake with Emma Watson, the biscuits are so detailed wow! and the macaroon with little coconut chips (I’m assuming it’s coconut chips haha) looks like it tasted amazing!

That’s amazing that they had a gluten free menu on standby, truly shows they made sure that everyone would be able to enjoy their time there!

Sahara

• August 9, 2018 / 3:13 pm

I love them both too! Honestly, I don’t like coconut so Jamie had mine, but he said they were amazing! Thanks for stopping by! x

26. September 20, 2018 / 2:52 pm

You looked gorgeous. Love the place and great photography. The photo alone made me want to visit the place and experience it.

• September 20, 2018 / 7:37 pm

Thank you! It was definitely a great experience! x