June Highlights

June Highlights

Highlights; City breaks and pretty cakes..

June is similar to a Wednesday, a hump-month if you will. Although I despise thinking of time in this way, it’s so shocking that we’re already over the hump and into the second half of the year. Despite Junes consistent downfall in the form of particularly aggressive hay fever, it was full of highlights.

Sunny Cambridge

Days in Cambridge are always a highlight; filled with great food and leisurely strolls around the shops. The first weekend of June feels like a lifetime ago but it was spent in sunny Cambridge, where we walked way out of the way so that I could get my first ever Five Guys. The walk was worth it, and exercise definitely comes much easier to me with the promise of fries and a thick-shake!

IMG_E7752.JPG

A Weekend Away

Although living in the country has a few perks (low pollution and peace and quiet being the only ones I can think of right now), I’m a city girl at heart. Jamie and I spent a long June weekend in London, kicked off with Friday tickets to Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s On The Run || Tour, and a stay at the Marriott. I’m a HUGE Beyoncé fan and I’m so happy to be able to tick seeing her live off of my bucket list, seeing them both perform Forever Young was extra special and almost tear-jerking.

June Highlights

London seems to be a place of unlimited possibilities and no matter how long I spend in the capital, there never seems to be enough time. The rest of the weekend flew by and we finished off our fairytale weekend in true Disney style at The Kensington, which I’ve spoken about more here. Oh, and of course a trip to London wouldn’t be the same without a visit to Peggy’s.

June Highlights

New Beauty Bits

I recently shared a Cult Beauty haul and although I gave myself a little telling off at the time for so eagerly keying in my card details, so many of the purchases have become immediate favourites that I don’t regret a single penny. The Neom DE-STRESS candle proved particularly helpful for chilling me the f out pre-exam. I also have a new favourite foundation: Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum coverage. Jamie gifted me this one for my birthday (I picked it, of course, he’s not that good).

June Highlights

Books and Films

June saw me complete my third book of 2018, so my new year’s resolution to read more frequently doesn’t appear to be going too well. Despite my apparent inability to prioritise reading over pre-bed twitter scrolling (I’m working on it), the recent sunshine has given me plenty of opportunity to head outside with my book of choice. June’s was last years Costa Book Awards winner Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. Despite its slow start, I found myself warming more and more to the protagonist as I read on. It’s an emotive read which encourages kindness and understanding and which made me grateful for the relationships that I have.

IMG_E7804.JPG

Films come a little easier to me. I love trips to the cinema, partly for the movie but mostly for the ice blast and snacks if we’re being brutally honest. We recently went to see Jurassic World, which lived up to the expectations created by the first. Although I was never really interested in watching the originals, I love the last two and am a proud owner of the 25th Anniversary Jurassic Park Coin. Although it’s not something I’d usually collect, it reminds me of the Jurassic ride which was one of my Universal favourites.

Shop The Post

* This post contains a PR Sample. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.

1. July 1, 2018 / 10:45 am

Great post girly! Love all your photos – and those cakes are to DIE for! So pretty xx

2. July 1, 2018 / 3:37 pm

Love this post you’ve included so many things I love! I’ve never been to Cambridge but would like to visit, so glad you enjoyed your first Five Guys they’re my favourite! I’ve never seen the original Jurassic Park films either but I absolutely adore both of the Jurassic Worlds! You look stunning in all of your photos too!

• July 1, 2018 / 8:31 pm

I love Cambridge, and I can’t believe I’ve waited this long to try it! Thank you so much lovely x

3. July 1, 2018 / 4:11 pm

I’ve been meaning to see the new Jurassic World film! Glad to know it’s a good one, I was a little worried that they’re scraping the barrel with the franchise now. Glad you’ve had a good June! And lovely photos too. 🙂 x

Sneha | lifewithsneha.com

4. July 1, 2018 / 8:51 pm

Peggy Porschen is always a must in london! such a pretty shop! i have not seen jurissac park II just yet! Beyoncé and Jay-Z must have been exceptional!

5. July 1, 2018 / 9:04 pm

I really want to read Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. I’ll definitely have to find it at the library sometime soon. I can’t believe how quickly the first half of the year has gone! It’s crazy how fast time flies!

6. July 1, 2018 / 9:15 pm

It’s always great to have nice weather – you can do everything you want! It’s pretty cool that you got to see Jay Z and Beyonce! Oooh, love your new beauty haul. It’s nice to try out new things. Thanks for sharing your highlights!

7. July 1, 2018 / 9:21 pm

Sounds like a lovely month for you! I am super jealous you got to see Beyonce, I’ve wanted to see her for the longest time but I just don’t think I could justify paying all that money out anymore. I miss her old tunes and I’m not really a huge Jay Z fan! I do agree that you never feel like you spend enough time in London to fit everything in though. My boyfriend and I have been on short trips there 3 times and still have a long list of places to go and things to see. I’d also love to try double-wear, it still hasn’t managed to make its way into my basket!
    Alice Xx

8. eviebraithwaite
    July 1, 2018 / 9:35 pm

Such a lovely post! So envious that you went to see Beyoncé, she must have been insane. I recently finished Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and loved it, such a charming character. Looks like you had an amazing month x

Evie x | https://eviejayne.co.uk

9. abbiejadewanders
    July 1, 2018 / 9:49 pm

I’ve just got back from a trip to London – I love it so much and the weather was perfect this weekend if not a little on the HOT side. I am hoping to go to Cambridge one weekend this month as my other half has never been and I would love to go back, just the issue of finding an affordable hotel.

Thanks for sharing 🙂

abbiejadewanders.co.uk

10. July 1, 2018 / 10:41 pm

It sounds like June was a lovely month for you. I’m kicking myself for not doing the Cult beauty haul when the offer was on as I’ve probably spent about the same as the threshold point in a couple of smaller orders in the last few weeks. I also told myself to read more this year, I am also failing. Still working on it…I’ve heard so many mixed things about that book, I can’t decide whether to give it a go or not x

• July 2, 2018 / 9:45 am

Oh girl purchase regret is the worst haha! I’m working on it too! Honestly I really wasn’t expecting much because the last ‘Instagram book’ I read I hated it, it was so hyped and just not worth it, but I loved this one! x

11. July 2, 2018 / 3:10 am

Loving this post! Your pictures are gorgeous, and I actually picked up a copy of Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine last month which I plan to start reading this week! (My plan is to start tonight) I’ve ready heard so many good things about, so I’m excited to start! It sounds like you had a great month!

12. Lena Dee
    July 2, 2018 / 5:16 am

I love everything about this post!! You’re a pretty cool gal Sophie lol 😀 I think it’s awesome that you saw Queen Bey 😮 like she’s one person I’d LOVE to see perform, so much energy!! There’re so many things in this post I love, like your makeup pouch is so cute, and Estee L is the plug with that full coverage esp for oily skin…Also gorg pic at Peggy’s 😀 😀

xx Lena | https://lenadeexo.com

• July 2, 2018 / 9:50 am

Aw thanks girl! It was a pretty good month for me, and she was amazing live, 100% worth the extortionate ticket prices haha! x

13. July 2, 2018 / 5:39 pm

Seems you had a great month. You look pretty in all your photos here. I am yet to see the recent Jurassic Park film although have seen the older ones and had liked them very much. Going to watch this one pretty soon

14. Lisa's Notebook
    July 2, 2018 / 7:22 pm

Oh, I loved Eleanor Oliphant, it’s a book that has stayed with me and made it onto my shelf of books to be re-read in the future. And I’ve heard such good things about Estee Lauder Double Wear too. I’m not wearing foundation at the moment thanks to the amazing Frankincense serum I was sent, but once my tan fades I might start again! Your weekend in London looks amazing and your photos are to die for. Fab round up, thank you for sharing! x

15. July 2, 2018 / 9:22 pm

I loved this post and seeing all your photos are so stunning you looked like you had a blast! Xx

16. July 2, 2018 / 10:29 pm

I almost cried when Jay Z and Beyoncé sang Forever Young as well, it was so emotional! Such an amazing concert. I love Peggy’s, such a cute place to take pictures! xx

amerzwithlove.com

17. July 3, 2018 / 6:56 am

So jealous that you went to the Beyonce concert!! Wish I had gone! Sounds like you had a superb month

Lovely photos

Kate xx

18. July 3, 2018 / 10:20 pm

Sounds like a great June! All the best wishes for July and the following months x
    theordinaryblogger.com

19. July 3, 2018 / 10:24 pm

You have such a lovely writing style! And your photos are so pretty. Sounds like you had a wonderful month. 😊

20. July 4, 2018 / 1:34 am

Love this post! So jealous you saw Bey and Jay. 💛 I’ve been wanting to see them forever! Also, London is for sure on my bucket list.

21. July 4, 2018 / 10:42 pm

Exercise is always fun when there’s something at the finish line haha! I’m personally a city person as well (New York City to be specific!) but living outside of the city definitely has it’s perks, for one, no cars vrooming past at all hours of the night. That’s amazing you were able to see Beyoncé live!

I’ve seen so many bloggers mention Peggy’s – their cupcakes must be delicious! And their flower arrangement on the outside definitely makes it a bloggers hotspot!

YAY for completing your third book of 2018 – my goal for this month is to get back into reading, I miss it so much, just have to find the right book to get into!

I have yet to see Jurassic World – but the past films were great so I have high expectations!

Sahara

22. July 4, 2018 / 10:48 pm

I know what you mean about London it goes too quick! You’re so lucky being such a short train ride away in Cambs I miss it so much!

23. July 5, 2018 / 8:57 pm

Wow, you definitely had a fun month! I really need to prioritized reading as well as well instead of using social media! 😫
    Also, the jay-z & Beyoncé co very looked so amazing, can’t imagine how great it would have been in real life! 💕

24. July 6, 2018 / 1:18 am

It sounds like you had a good and fun month despite the hay fever! Also I love the floral shirt you are wearing in one of the pics! So summery!