July Highlights

Apparently here in Britain we talk about the weather more anywhere else in the world. I guess we never get bored of it because typically, it constantly changes. On the most part, July was an exception. So far we’ve been blessed with a proper Summer, long sunny days like those we fondly reminisce about. I’m a Summer baby so July itself has been a highlight of the year for me but let’s get into the particulars.

New Cars

I’ve recently spoken briefly about Jamie getting a new job. One of the best perks is definitely his ability to bring home and try out plenty of different cars. Although I’m far from a car super-fan and have limited knowledge of them, I’ve definitely enjoyed the experience. I’m a bit of an anxious driver and have found that ‘getting on the horse’ as they say, is really the only way of increasing my confidence. Trying out new cars recently has had the same effect and has really helped to grow my confidence as well as being really fun! I’ve really enjoyed trying out automatic cars but my favourite so far has to be the Abarth.

July Favourites

Beach Days

Where else would you take your weekend convertible? We’ve been making the most of the weather by spending time at the coast before the kids broke up from school and made it too busy to be enjoyable. I love walks along the coast and rewarding myself with fish and chips and plenty of ice-cream.

Feeling Good

I recently spoke about changing up my lifestyle habits and focusing on being a more positive person. Alongside this I’ve generally been trying to be kind, to grow and to feel good about myself. If you’re over on Instagram then you might have noticed #PrettyPresentable, a campaign recently created by the lovely Alice from Black Tulip Beauty. My take on this is trying to focus on self love and being more accepting of myself. I’ve recently begun getting my nails done with Nexgen at one of my local salons. It sounds crazy but simply getting my hair and nails done is something that makes me feel so much more confident. Having these treatments as a base makes me feel better about myself. I’m more open to having days without make-up and days where I don’t feel like I need to dress up for anyone other than myself. I’ve also been going to the gym at least twice a week and using Pernaton gel to help my muscles after exercise. Generally I’ve been more healthy; drinking as much water as I can and eating well(ish).

July Highlights

Books and Films

I’ve recently joined Goodreads and am really enjoying spending more time reading. I started the month with a book that was exceptionally average but I’m ending the month half way through a book I’m loving. It’s called Lasting Damage and is a thriller and generally just my kind of book. Despite not having finished it yet, it’s a firm favourite. Make sure you make friends with me over on Goodreads for a review once I’m done. I can’t seem to put it down so you won’t be waiting long!

We also went to see both The Incredibles 2 and Oceans 8 last month. Both were great movies and I’d recommend checking them out if you haven’t already. I like the Ocean films but Oceans 8 instantly became my favourite of them all. At first I was sceptical of a girls version and thought that it might come across as a little try hard. It didn’t though and was clever, funny and kind of made me want to be a badass career criminal.

*  This post contains affiliate links. All words, images and opinions about the products are my own. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.

1. August 5, 2018 / 1:02 pm

Love the positive vibes your sending! And I agree, doing your nails or getting your hair done and just pampering yourself boosts your mood like 110%.

2. August 5, 2018 / 3:43 pm

Sounds like you had a good July, would love to try out loads of different cars, make the most of that for sure 😁
    Glad you’ve been at the beach like me also making good use of the weather!

3. August 5, 2018 / 3:58 pm

It sounds like you have had a pretty awesome summer! Going to the beach in a fancy new car sounds like a lot of fun to me!

4. August 5, 2018 / 5:17 pm

It is really neat that Jamie gets to try out a bunch of different cars! I’m a car fan and love checking out the different types of cars out there. I’ve heard so much about the Abarth – it’s a cute car. It’s great that you’ve been able to spend some time at the beach. It’s great that you’ve been going to the gym lately. KEEP IT UP! Glad you had a great July, overall!

5. August 5, 2018 / 7:31 pm

It sounds like you had a pretty great July! A beach day in the heat sounds so wonderful and it’s great that you’re doing things that make you feel good. Thrillers books are my favorite and I looked up the one you are reading and it sounds so good! I’m going to have to give it a read this year x

x Kara | http://karascloset.net/

• August 5, 2018 / 9:03 pm

Thrillers are my favourite too, this one is so so good I’d definitely recommend it! x

6. August 6, 2018 / 5:58 pm

It looks like July was a really great month for you! I went to see the Incredibles 2 as well, I was really impressed with it and thought it was better than the first one.

Eve | http://www.evemorganinteriors.com

• August 6, 2018 / 6:43 pm

I thought it was better than the first one as well! I’m glad you enjoyed it!

7. August 6, 2018 / 6:01 pm

loved how positive this post was, glad you’ve been having such a great summer!

8. Lupe
    August 6, 2018 / 6:01 pm

What a great July! So glad you’ve been getting more comfortable in your skin, and reading more books is always a great thing to do, I’ve been meaning to do that myself. Hope you have a great rest of your summer x

9. August 6, 2018 / 6:25 pm

July sounds like a great month for you! Haha I love that Jamie’s new job has been such a highlight for you. I need to look into that gel for my muscles! X

10. August 6, 2018 / 7:29 pm

Sounds like a fantastic month Soph! That’s so cool Jamie gets to try new cars and you get to enjoy them too! I don’t know anything about cars but the one in the photo looks pretty awesome. Yay for beach days (especially without kids, ha ha!). I’m loving your positivity and hope August is just as fabulous for you! 💖 xx

• August 6, 2018 / 9:42 pm

Haha I don’t know anything about cars either but it was definitely fun to drive! Thank you, have a wonderful month! x

11. August 6, 2018 / 10:04 pm

You can never have too many positives! Loved this post well done you and may it continue to be inspiring and life affirming ❤️❤️

12. Jolanda
    August 7, 2018 / 12:49 pm

Loving the car being mentioned in your blog! Would love more of them 🙂

13. August 7, 2018 / 1:32 pm

Sounds like a wonderful month! I still have to go watch Ocean’s 8, it seems like a fun movie!

14. August 7, 2018 / 2:01 pm

Alice’s pretty presentable campaign is such a positive thing to encourage, god bless her for creating it! You look awesome & you’ve also reminded me to take part which I haven’t done yet! x x
    Ellis // http://www.elliswoolley.co.uk

• August 7, 2018 / 3:40 pm

It’s an amazing concept isn’t it and so important! Thanks so much, I can’t wait to see your involvement! x

15. August 7, 2018 / 8:20 pm

Wow this was a great read! I’m an anxious driver too 😣

16. August 7, 2018 / 8:20 pm

Beach days are on of my favourite parts of summer! I love sitting beside the seaside with some fish and chips! We’re very lucky that we live right beside the sea it’s literally a minute walk from my front door so we try and spend as much time as possible!
    Lucky you getting to try all those cars out! Definitely a good perk of your boyfriends job!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

• August 7, 2018 / 9:25 pm

Oh you’re so lucky! I’d be eating fish and chips constantly haha! Thanks for stopping by x

17. August 7, 2018 / 8:26 pm

I’m a massive bookworm!

I’ve added you on Goodreads 🙂

• August 7, 2018 / 9:27 pm

Oh great I look forward to connecting with you over there! x

18. August 7, 2018 / 8:45 pm

Ha, going to the beach when there’s no kids around is amazing. I’m a summer baby too, birthday is only a few days away now and I remember the weather always being great for it when I was a kid. More recently though? Not so much. So here’s hoping for a sunny one this year!
    Great post and you look so lovely and natural on that photo xx

• August 7, 2018 / 9:30 pm

Oh have a wonderful birthday lovely! Thanks for stopping by x

19. August 7, 2018 / 8:57 pm

Sounds like you had a great month throughout July! That car looks so nice, I’ve only driven my one car since I’ve passed my test – my parents have mentioned about trying this other car out and upgrading mine but I’m too worried too, haha, I also like my own car. I don’t know too much about cars myself though 😂 I really want to see Incredibles 2 but I haven’t yet sadly. I also heard quite a few people talking about Oceans 8 a few months ago, and were saying they weren’t sure how it would turn out. I’ll definitely have to check it out after what you’ve said! I actually haven’t seen any of them before :O

Amy,

• August 7, 2018 / 9:35 pm

I’d say if you’re happy with your car then there’s no need to change it but I was so worried before I started driving new cars and now I’m so much more confident! Newer model cars are so much easier to drive haha! Oh I hope you like the movies as much as I did! x

20. Michelle Blackadar
    August 7, 2018 / 10:31 pm

Great post!! i’m so glad july was such a good month for you, your positive energy is contagious! I was an anxious driver as well and I completely agree the only way to get over that is to drive more! I must say i give everyone in england a big high five for dealing with your heat waves WITHOUT air conditioning! Here in America i’m complaining about the heat with two fans and AC blasting. Hope august is just as great for you xx

Mich // simplymich.com

• August 8, 2018 / 9:09 am

Thank you! Haha I do have one fan but it’s just circulating warm air around, we’ll soon be moaning that it’s too cold though haha! x

21. August 7, 2018 / 11:05 pm

Aww Soph thank you so much for mentioning me and my little project in this! I’m SO happy to hear you’ve been putting more time into yourself and your wellbeing. You’re more than gorgeous and deserve to feel so good about yourself! That car is fancy as hell and I’d LOVE rocking around in that. This sounds like a brilliant month and I hope the rest of the Summer brings you the same joy!
    Alice Xx

• August 8, 2018 / 9:08 am

Of course, it’s such a great project and I was so glad to be involved! Thank you, have a great August! x

22. August 8, 2018 / 5:33 am

I actually went on a beach day myself this July and really loved it. I live in Los Angeles and I hardly ever get out to the beach so it was nice to just sit and enjoy nature.

Glad you had a great July! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

• August 8, 2018 / 9:12 am

Beach days are the best days aren’t they! Thanks for stopping by and have a great August! x

23. August 9, 2018 / 12:05 am

Sounds like you’ve had such a lovely July! beach days in this heat have been one of my favourite things to do too! Here’s to a good August too! <3

24. Nicka
    August 9, 2018 / 2:37 pm

Your July looks like it’s been awesome! 🎊 I love you car 😍

readbynicka.wordpress.com

25. Emma
    August 9, 2018 / 4:17 pm

What a lovely July you had!! Mega jealous of Jamie trying those lush cars… Do you get to keep one?

Emma – http://www.lifeofemmax.co.uk

• August 9, 2018 / 4:29 pm

Yeah they’re classed as company cars so he always has one! x

26. August 12, 2018 / 8:51 pm

This is such a cute post, and I’m glad to hear that things are going well! I also have very limited car knowledge, but trying loads of different ones sounds absolutely amazing!

Jas xx