August Highlights

August Highlights

Puppies, food and Winnie The Pooh..

In every monthly highlights I seem to mention how quickly the month in question has passed. I feel like August is the winner. Summer is my favourite season and despite looking forward to acceptably drinking hot chocolates and being able to create cosy content, I’m sad that it’s drawing to an end.

Beauty Bits

This month I’ve been loving INC.redible makeup. I was so sad to receive some knowing that I wasn’t attending any festivals but there’s nothing wrong with super shimmery makeup for everyday use, right? Well, I don’t think so anyway. I’ve also found some new fail-proof daily lashes which are the Red Cherry Wispy #WSP, they’re so similar to the Ardell Demi Wispies that I love but are a little cheaper. Last but not least, I’m a new fan of Crown Brush; unfortunately I don’t rate their makeup but can’t fault their duo-fibre brushes which are so soft and effective.

Crown Brush

Quality Time With Friends

Throughout August I’ve prioritised actually catching up with friends rather than just talking about it. I had a wonderful trip to London where I purchased some Fenty beauty (watch this space) and the most expensive biscuit I’ve ever come across. I also recently spent some quality time with another friend, her children and lots of puppies! Despite the puppies being very sleepy at the age they are right now, I have definite plans to visit again when they’re a little more playful! To summarise, there is never enough time in the day to successfully complete all of the work and catching up that needs to be done; prioritise wisely. Days off with friends have meant that I’ve had a few later nights than usual but a life focused around work isn’t one that I’m striving to lead.

August Highlights

Films and Television

I have no books to recommend, but the films and television recommendations I’m about to make are so good that you’ll forgive me. Firstly, Luther. You may have already seen Luther as I’m very late on the band-wagon, but if you haven’t then you’re missing out. A thriller based around crime and you guessed it, Detective Luther. Every episode is completely captivating and we finished all seasons very very quickly.

If you know me, you may be able to guess which film was an August highlight for me; Christopher Robin. Without a doubt the best film I’ve seen all year, Christopher Robin made me laugh and cry. If you grew up with Disney like I did, then it’s super nostalgic. The film is slightly more adult than I predicted but in a positive way. It certainly teaches the importance of spending time wisely and I couldn’t recommend it enough.

Food

Throughout August I’ve been attempting to eat a little healthier day to day. I’ve started to experiment cooking different meals fresh and from scratch with the help of Waitrose and Tesco recipes and it’s been going really well. I hope to keep learning new recipes and hopefully, I’ll soon be able to share some of my favourites. I’ve still been getting my treats in though, I tried Amorino gelato whilst in London and have gotten myself addicted to Cadbury layers of joy too.

August Highlights

* This post contains PR samples. All words and opinions are honest and my own. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.

1. September 2, 2018 / 11:05 am

Looks like you had a great August! Those pups are adorable!! Look forward to hopefully seeing some recipe posts also, think that would be great!

2. September 2, 2018 / 11:39 am

Those puppies are adorable!! I loved Christopher Robin too it’ll be featuring in my August favourites, it was such a heart warming film! I haven’t watched Luther before but I’ve heard good things about it and we are running out of things to watch on Netflix so I’ll add it to the list, thanks for the recommendation.

• September 2, 2018 / 3:54 pm

It was a great film wasn’t it, Disney never disappoint! I hope you like Luther as much as I did, just don’t watch right before bed if you’re scared easily like me haha x

3. September 2, 2018 / 4:17 pm

Your August Roundup was so nice! I like how you actually took time to spend with your friends. I don’t know how many times my friend Tram and I made plans and never came through because of our conflicting schedules😭. Your post reminded me it takes effort, so no more excuses. I’m checking in on her. I too like Winnie the Pooh, he was so comforting as a child and I still enjoy his joyful soul today. I need to try gelato asap, u know I can find a nice Italian restaurant in Texas that’ll serve some 😍

Natonya | http://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com

• September 2, 2018 / 5:35 pm

Thanks Natonya! I hope you and your friend can make some time, I know how difficult it can be- we’re all so busy that it’s so hard to schedule in dates for casual catch ups isn’t it! x

4. Emma
    September 2, 2018 / 4:26 pm

What a fab little post 🙂 I loved Christopher Robin to!! I love catching up with old friends especially when the weather was so lovely… Here’s to a wonderful September Soph.

Emma | http://www.lifeofemmax.co.uk

• September 2, 2018 / 5:36 pm

I’m glad you loved it too! happy September lovely! x

5. September 2, 2018 / 4:50 pm

Sounds like you had a great month! Wow, that ice cream looks so pretty! I like Cadbury layers of joy too. They are so yummy. I could eat so many of them haha! I am waiting to see Christopher Robin, I was supposed to go on Wednesday with family but we couldn’t go as I was/still poorly! Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great September too x

• September 2, 2018 / 5:37 pm

I’m so glad you like layers of joy too, I was starting to think that they’re like a child’s dessert but they’re just so good! I hope you love Christopher Robin as much as I do! x

6. September 2, 2018 / 5:17 pm

Glad you really enjoyed August! I’m looking forward to the cooler season, weather-wise hehe. Nothing wrong with shimmery makeup! You know how to rock the look so it’s all good ;). It’s great that you got to spend some quality time with friends. People can get busy really quick. Your friend’s puppies are so cute!! Cooking is fun! You learn a lot and it’s healthier overall.

• September 2, 2018 / 5:38 pm

Thanks Nancy, it looks like you did too from your post! Have the best September, I can’t wait to see what exciting things you get up to! x

7. September 2, 2018 / 5:58 pm

As I was reading this I paused at the puppies!😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍.
    Great post! I’m also trying to eat healthier one day at a time.

8. September 2, 2018 / 6:31 pm

Those puppies are adorable! And I absolutely love Amorino gelato – both to look at and eat. Sounds like you had an awesome August!

9. September 2, 2018 / 6:48 pm

Ahhh I really want to see Christopher Robin! Also, it’s great that you prioritised friends and had time with them 🙂 I haven’t seen Luther but I keep getting recommending it so maybe it’s time to check it out! I also plan to check out Crown brushes as I need some new brushes!

Jas xx | https://thoughtsfromjasmine.co.uk

• September 2, 2018 / 8:00 pm

You should, it’s so good, especially if you grew up with Disney! Luther is so good too, if you like that kind of thing. I hope you enjoy them both if you decide to give them a watch! x

10. September 2, 2018 / 9:30 pm

Oh how adorable are them puppies! I’ve been debating whether to watch Luther for the longest time, I’ve heard nothing but good reviews about it thought so might give it a watch! I’m the biggest Disney fan I don’t know how I still haven’t seen Christopher Robin! Hope you have a lovely September ✨

Evie x | https://eviejayne.co.uk

• September 2, 2018 / 9:50 pm

They’re so cute aren’t they?! I’d heard so many good reviews too but never paid attention for some reason and I’m so glad I finally did! I hope you love Christopher Robin as much as I do when you get around to it! You too lovely x

11. September 2, 2018 / 9:30 pm

Eeek puppies!!! HOW CUTE. I am incredibly jealous I’ve never seen super teeny puppies I think I’d just spend the entire time squealing. I am pretty excited to hear your verdict on fenty beauty, I’ve been thinking about investing for a while but haven’t forked out yet! That ice cream honestly looks incredible, I’m not usually the biggest fan but i’ve always wanted one of those fancy ones, they look so cute! Sounds like a pretty fabulous month for you and I’m glad you got to catch up with some friends!
    Alice Xx

• September 2, 2018 / 9:51 pm

I know, I can’t get enough of them, although they do get a little boring after a while at that age because they just want to sleep haha! Thanks Alice, have a lovely September! x

12. September 2, 2018 / 9:51 pm

Im glad you’ve been enjoying spending some time with your friends! Ive never seen Luther but i’ve heard some great things about it id love to watch it! And i can’t wait to see Christopher Robin too!

• September 2, 2018 / 9:52 pm

Thank you! I hope you love them both as much as I do when you get around to them! x

13. September 2, 2018 / 10:13 pm

Oh my gosh, that puppy picture! So cute! I think it’s great that you’re making time to hang out with friends. I’ve definitely been trying to get together with friends a lot more now that I’m on on my Uni break. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Christopher Robin. I’m hopefully going to see it soon!

• September 3, 2018 / 8:37 am

I love puppies! I’m glad you’re seeing your friends more too and I hope you love Christopher Robin as much as I do when you get around to it! x

14. September 3, 2018 / 12:53 am

It sounds like you had a great August! Making time to catch up with friends is always lovely. I’ve heard so many good things about the Christopher Robin movie and since I grew up on Winnie The Pooh I’m going to have to go watch it. Also those puppies are too cute!! I hope you have a wonderful September!

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

• September 3, 2018 / 8:44 am

Oh you definitely should make time to watch it, it’s wonderful! Happy September lovely! x

15. September 3, 2018 / 4:38 am

OMG I loveddd the Christopher Robin movie! It brought back so many memories. I especially like the random homages to the original movie and series. That gelato looked INCREDIBLE!

• September 3, 2018 / 8:54 am

I loved it too and found it so nostalgic! x

16. September 3, 2018 / 4:48 am

It looks like you had a great August!

That cookie thing is so pretty. I love how it looks like a rose!

17. Roxie Watt
    September 3, 2018 / 10:05 am

Can’t wait to read your thoughts on the Fenty Beauty bits. I’m dying to try the collection but a bit nervous to shop online in case I get the wrong shades. I really want to go see Christopher Robin but not cute if my hormones could take it!

Roxie | thebeautifulbluebird.com

• September 3, 2018 / 10:45 am

Oh I never buy make up online for that reason. Harvey Nichols sell it so if you’re ever in London it’s worth getting colour matched! Haha, I cried a lot! x

18. September 3, 2018 / 12:29 pm

This was such a nice read, it’s crazy to think we’re in September already! I have been dying to see Christopher Robin, I’ve heard such good things about it!

Ashley | hiyaitsashley.com

• September 3, 2018 / 12:31 pm

I’m so glad you think so, I know, the year is going so quickly! I hope you love it as much as I do when you get around to it! x

19. September 3, 2018 / 1:30 pm

Aww that picture of the dogs is so cute! Love it.

20. September 3, 2018 / 3:03 pm

Still can’t believe it’s September already, where is this year going? I love the idea of a monthly round up post, may need to introduce these to my blog. THOSE PUPPIES ARE ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE 😭 My heart

Fran | http://www.franciscarockey.co.uk

• September 3, 2018 / 3:14 pm

I know, I can’t believe it either! I love the monthly round ups of other people because I’m so nosy and writing them is such a nice way of making yourself look back over the best parts of your month! I know, I can’t get enough of time with puppies! x

21. September 3, 2018 / 3:45 pm

this is such a fabulous little post. Very creative. I love the crisp and cute little photos. I’m so glad you had such a wonderful august month!

• September 3, 2018 / 3:54 pm

Thank you, I hope you did too! x

22. September 3, 2018 / 6:42 pm

Luther is an incredible series, we have recently re-watched them all in preparation for the new one! Puppies and Christopher Robin sounds like you have had a lovely August! x

abbiejadewanders.co.uk

• September 3, 2018 / 8:30 pm

I totally agree, I’m so excited for the new one! x

23. September 3, 2018 / 9:10 pm

This is such a lovely post Soph! Those puppies are the cutest everrr! How adorable! It’s so nice you have spent quality time with your friends this month. I really want to see Christopher Robin, I’ve heard so many good things and I love Disney! Oh my, the gelato looks amazing too! Thank you for sharing and have a fantastic September <3 xx

• September 4, 2018 / 10:42 am

Thanks Bexa! I hope you love Christopher Robin as much as I did when you get around to it! Happy September! x

24. September 3, 2018 / 11:38 pm

Oh my gosh those puppies are adorable! I cant wait to see your Fenty beauty post 🙂

25. September 4, 2018 / 12:15 pm

I’ve also been totally obsessed with Luther recently, I love crime dramas and ones set in London! Binged watched them all on Netflix. I haven’t tried anything from that makeup brand but it sounds really great, I also really love crown brushes! Great post x

• September 4, 2018 / 1:29 pm

It’s so captivating isn’t it? We got through them so quickly. Thank you lovely x

26. September 4, 2018 / 12:49 pm

Hello!

I love this post! Been wanting to create a blog series like this too.

Hmm. I haven’t heard about Christopher Robin, don’t even know if it’s a new film. Gosh, I might live under a rock. :/

• September 4, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Thank you! It’s a great way of looking over the best parts of your month! It’s the latest Disney film haha x

27. September 5, 2018 / 8:18 pm

Those puppies are gorgeous!! I’d be practically living in my friend’s house if those perfect little balls of fluff were there. I’ve never tried anything from Crown but I’ve heard lots about them over the years. I really like Ardell lashes so I’ll have to give those a try as an alternative x

• September 5, 2018 / 9:04 pm

Haha I know, it is tempting! I love Ardell lashes too but they do add up in price don’t they? x

28. September 5, 2018 / 8:28 pm

Those lashes look so pretty, they are making me want to learn how to put them on! Spending time with friends is so important. Those puppies are so CUTE! I wish my puppy was that young again ans sleeping all the time hahaha! I really want to watch Christopher Robin and the more I see people talking about it the more I want to watch! I love Luther, I haven’t watched the latest season yet I need to get on that. Great post! I can’t believe how fast summer has gone! x

• September 5, 2018 / 9:09 pm

I wish all puppies stayed puppies too haha! You should definitely watch Christopher Robin when you get the chance, it was absolutely amazing x

29. September 5, 2018 / 8:29 pm

Those puppies are absolutely adorable, im obssesed! I’ve been really into these types of blog posts and i’m in love with this ahah!

30. September 5, 2018 / 8:32 pm

Sounds like you had an amazing August. I have still yet to see the film Christopher Robin heard lots of positive reviews about it. The ice cream looks so impressive, almost too good to have haha.

Melissa 🌙 | http://www.moonlightmel.co.uk

31. Lupe
    September 5, 2018 / 8:37 pm

What a great month! There was so many different things in this post, the puppies are super cute 😍

32. September 5, 2018 / 8:45 pm

Busy August for you. I too prioritised spending time with family and so pleased I did. It feels great doesn’t it.

33. September 5, 2018 / 9:02 pm

Yes to spending time with friends! It’s so easy to end up in the same routine and then have the ‘meet up with friends’ in the air type of thing rather than something for sure going to happen. I’m excited to read what you got from Fenty Beauty! I have their Stunna lip paint and love it so much!

I’ve never heard of the show Luther but it sounds like my type of show; I love trying to guess which direction a show is going with twists and turns.

Flower Gelato!!! They have a place in New York and it’s just so aesthetically pleasing the way they put the gelato as petals around I almost didn’t want to eat it because of how pretty it looked when I got it!

Sahara

• September 5, 2018 / 9:25 pm

I totally agree, sometimes it just never ends up actually happening does it. You’ll love Luther, I hope you like it as much as I did if you get chance to give it a watch! x

34. Sally Clough
    September 5, 2018 / 9:11 pm

‘A life based around work isn’t one I’m striving to lead’ great attitude to have 😊 life is about those precious moments with those you love ❤

35. September 5, 2018 / 10:02 pm

You can’t beat spending time with friends. It has healing powers, I’m sure of it!

36. September 5, 2018 / 10:06 pm

Looks like you had a great August. So far my favourite month all year. OMG I’ve been meaning to watch Christopher Robin, I need to get to it.

37. September 6, 2018 / 12:17 am

I glad you had quality time with your friends, that is the best! I love the cute puppies. I have not heard about Luther but I will be looking for the movie trailer.

• September 6, 2018 / 8:49 am

Luther is a tv series which is on Netflix if you’re interested lovely x

38. September 6, 2018 / 7:37 pm

Looks like August was a great one for you! I think spending time with people is so important! I’m definitely getting better at that although I still have a way to go xx
    Alys

• September 7, 2018 / 9:59 am

Thank you so much, I’m glad that you enjoyed my monthly roundup and the blog in general, it means a lot! x