What I Wore This Summer : Outfits Roundup

I love Summer and I love it’s fashion. Despite identifying as a fashion (and a bit of everything else) blogger, my content isn’t currently what I’d class as fashion heavy. Honestly, I struggle to justify a whole blog post centered around just one outfit when I can so effortlessly (I’m downplaying it) share it on my Instagram feed. Instead I prefer to share a roundup of outfits. Hopefully the variety is a little more interesting and it’s also a good excuse to chat about what I’ve been loving in general, which you know I love to do. So without further ado, here are the outfits and styles that I’ve been loving this Summer!

Pastel

Baby blues, baby pinks.. if the colour wouldn’t look out of place in a newborns bedroom then I want it in my Summer wardrobe. I think that pastel colours are so pretty and if you find them on the right shirt you can pair it with almost anything. It’s difficult to get wrong and you know you can count me as a minimal effort fan.

Pastel

Bright

Bright

Okay so looking back, there clearly isn’t very much bright. I’m still including it because these trousers are just so cute. Next Summer I definitely need to introduce a few more splashes of colour into my wardrobe because honestly, it cheers me up and looks fab on an Instagram feed.

White

I feel as though lightweight, white clothing is such a Summer staple as it’s so effortless and breezy. Every year I experience an initial reluctance against constantly wearing white because I know it’s just a matter of time before I spill something stain-worthy down myself. Recently I’ve fully squared up to my fears and thankfully haven’t had any dinnertime disasters (yet).

This season, pretty white dresses have been out to get me. I was a little late in preparing my Summer wardrobe which left every dress I had to have out of stock in my size. When I finally found one I loved that actually fit me, I burnt it with an iron before ripping a hole in it in a ditch attempt to remove all of the brown with a scourer. As we speak it’s scrunched up in a linen basket somewhere, out of sight but still taunting me over how much I spent on a dress I can never wear. Part of me wants to attempt an up-cycle job with the currently unmaimed top half of it, so wish me luck.

Time Management

Topshop Sale (Similar : TALL Button Up Wrap Blouse)

Monochrome

Call me boring but I find black and white just so easy to style and the combination is effortlessly striking. In Summer I usually like to make sure that there are equal amounts or more of white throughout the outfit so that I still feel Summery. Bonus points for thin white material which is the best at keeping you cool.

Monochrome

1. September 9, 2018 / 11:06 am

Wonderful outfits!
    I adore the flower top.

2. September 9, 2018 / 11:23 am

You have definitely worn some very stylish outfits during the summer! They all look brilliant. I like the bright orange trousers, I love wearing bright clothes.

Melissa 🌙 |

Moonlight Mel

• September 9, 2018 / 11:25 am

Aw thank you lovely! I definitely need to invest in some more brights! x

3. September 9, 2018 / 11:51 am

I love your tops! I hope we see this style in Australia this Summer

4. September 9, 2018 / 1:15 pm

Sophie you’re so effortlessly gorgeous and you have your signature pose down to a tee, it’s so adorable! I really do love your fashion posts on here and on my insta feed and that Summer stripes dress is one of my favourite things I’ve ever seen you wear. It compliments you so wonderfully! Monochrome is my favourite all year round if I’m honest, I tend to keep my general outfits black, white and grey, sometimes with a bit of red and then I’ll get jazzy jewellery, scarves, coats etc to spruce things up if I want to! I find it such an easy way to keep things fresh and stylish and suitable for every season!
    Alice Xx

• September 9, 2018 / 2:49 pm

Aw thank you so much Alice! I love that dress too. I’m so glad you love monochrome too, I was starting to feel a little boring putting this together and realising how little colour I have in my wardrobe haha! x

5. September 9, 2018 / 1:22 pm

You’re so beautiful and I love your style! My favourite outfits have got to be those bright orange trousers (I wish I could pull them off) and that monochrome striped button dress! Can’t wait to see your Autumn/Winter outfits!

• September 9, 2018 / 2:47 pm

Aw thank you, you’re so sweet. I’m sure you’d be able to pull the trousers off too! x

6. September 9, 2018 / 4:16 pm

Your style is amazing. You look incredible! <3

7. September 9, 2018 / 5:53 pm

Your outfits are always so gorgeous Soph! I always love seeing your photos on my Instagram. You look so effortlessly stylish and fashionable. I’m loving the black and white outfits & your pink flowery top is so pretty. It’s a shame about the dress + iron mishap but can’t wait to see your upcycle job, I’m sure it will be fab. Thanks for sharing your summer outfits lovely! <3 xx

• September 10, 2018 / 8:39 am

Aw thank you Bexa! Haha I wouldn’t hold your breath but I have my fingers crossed that I can try and do something with it! x

8. September 9, 2018 / 8:08 pm

gorgeous girly 🙂
    I love these photos and all these outfits, you really styled summer so well, I think the gingham cold shoulder top is my fave

9. September 9, 2018 / 8:15 pm

All these outfits are so cute! I feel like your style is very similar to mine. I love the pastel tops at the start. Especially that floral top. So pretty! I can’t wait til it’s summer where I live so I can bring out all my summery clothing.

• September 9, 2018 / 8:31 pm

Thank you! Oh Summer is my favourite so I understand your excitement! x

10. September 9, 2018 / 8:16 pm

The photo in the lavender field is so pretty! I love the bright orange trousers! So so nice! my kind of color!

11. September 9, 2018 / 8:16 pm

I have some serious envy right now, every outfit is absolutely gorgeous girly!

Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

• September 9, 2018 / 8:33 pm

Aw thanks sweetie, I’m glad you like them! x

12. Roxie Watt
    September 9, 2018 / 8:23 pm

I’d literally wear every one of these outfits, although I do find that white clothing and I don’t get along. Rather, my daughter has a tendency to cover them in whatever sticky substance her hands are covered in!

Roxie | thebeautifulbluebird.com

• September 9, 2018 / 8:41 pm

Haha oh no, at least you have your daughter as an excuse for the mess! x

13. September 9, 2018 / 8:35 pm

I love how you’re rocking the pastels! The fit is perfect and what better way to hang out than to wearing something comfortable and fashionable? I LOVE your floral top!! It adds a classy dash to the whole outfit vibe. I am a total sucker for white dresses. Love how you look with it! It’s so versatile as well :). It’s a bummer that your dress has a hole @__@… Sending you lots of luck! Thanks for sharing these outfits!!

• September 9, 2018 / 8:45 pm

Thanks Nancy! I love white dresses too, I’m hoping I get better luck with them next year! x

14. September 9, 2018 / 8:40 pm

Every outfit looks great on you! I have that Topshop wrap blouse and I love it! Personally, I prefer fashion round up posts like this than an entire post dedicated to one outfit. Posts like these are way more inspiring from a shopping perspective 😂. A/W fashion is my favourite though. I can’t wait for the influx of deep burgundy that’s about to hit my wardrobe x

• September 9, 2018 / 8:53 pm

Aw thanks so much! I’m so glad that you preferred the roundup because this is my first one! I love A/W fashion too, the colours are lovely aren’t they?! x

15. September 9, 2018 / 8:45 pm

I’m very much a fan of pastels and bright colours as well. I love that monochrome cold shoulder dress too. Great outfits! x

16. September 9, 2018 / 9:43 pm

Great outfits! I love summer fashion, can’t wait for fall styles every year but summer style is my fav! The stripes and orange pants are great!!

• September 10, 2018 / 8:41 am

Thank you! Summer style is my favourite too! x

17. September 9, 2018 / 9:44 pm

Gorgeous outfits!

18. September 9, 2018 / 10:01 pm

I love the first and second outfit!

19. September 9, 2018 / 10:19 pm

Great outfits! Will definitely be looking to this blog for some style inspiration. Didn’t realise until I went shopping this weekend how out of touch with fashion I am 🤦🏼‍♀️ Thanks for sharing .

• September 10, 2018 / 8:53 am

Thank you, I’m glad you liked them! x

20. September 9, 2018 / 10:29 pm

what a gorgeous collection! i especially love the red pants and last pair of sandals. Very cute. can’t wait to see what you wear in the autumn…
    Joy at the Joyous Living

• September 10, 2018 / 8:49 am

Thank you! Me either, I need to do some shopping! x

21. September 9, 2018 / 10:42 pm

I love these outfits! My favourite has to be the Patel look! Xo

22. September 9, 2018 / 10:57 pm

Love your idea of a summer outfit round up post! Definitely loving them orange trousers, you really suit them!

• September 10, 2018 / 8:46 am

Thank you! I really need more bright clothing! x

• September 10, 2018 / 8:44 am

Thank you, I love that one too! x

23. September 10, 2018 / 9:36 am

Oh wow – all your outfits are absolutely gorgeous!!! Stunning – loving them all!

Hope you’re well and having a lovely start to the week, can’t wait to see your new posts!

Layla x

• September 11, 2018 / 8:20 am

Thank you, lovely! I hope you’re well too! x

24. September 10, 2018 / 2:47 pm

I absolutely adore your style, Soph! I’m loving all these summer outfits but especially the pastel and monochrome looks. So excited to see what you wear in Autumn, lovely!

Samantha | https://believeinamiracle.co.uk

• September 11, 2018 / 8:22 am

Aw thanks Samantha! I can’t wait to get some new bits for Autumn! x

25. September 10, 2018 / 7:20 pm

All of your summer outfits are so cute! I really love your style and how chic yet comfortable every look is. The blue pastel top and the monochrome outfits would have to be my favorites!

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

• September 11, 2018 / 8:25 am

Thanks Kara, I love monochrome too, in case you can’t tell haha! x

26. September 11, 2018 / 9:41 am

I love that flower blouse, it’s gorgeous!! I never seem to find anything like this when I go shopping 😀 xx

• September 11, 2018 / 3:05 pm

Aw thank you! I always find when shopping that there is loads I want, or none at all! x

27. September 11, 2018 / 10:59 am

All of these outfits are incredible gorgeous!

The first one definitely has to be my fave x

28. September 11, 2018 / 2:16 pm

Such cute outfits! I also love white but worry about spills! I’m so messy and I don’t mean to be!

• September 11, 2018 / 3:12 pm

I’m so glad I’m not the only non-child that manages to spill things often! x

29. Emma
    September 11, 2018 / 4:18 pm

I am loving this post a LOT Soph! My favourite is the pastel blue blouse and white button up blouse 🙂 What lovely summer outfits… send me some fashion advice please 😛

Emma – http://www.lifeofemmax.co.uk

• September 12, 2018 / 2:26 pm

Thank you lovely! Haha come back and visit anytime, I’ll be posting more fashion content soon! x

30. September 11, 2018 / 4:58 pm

These are some of the cutest outfits and you wore them like a boss. I believe the monochrome is my favorite.

31. September 11, 2018 / 10:19 pm

You look sublime. What a lovely summertime collection. 💖

I’m loving the bold colours and florals. 😍

I’m getting super excited for Autumn fashion now. 🎃

• September 12, 2018 / 6:58 pm

Thank you lovely! I am too, Autumn clothes are so cosy! x

32. September 12, 2018 / 8:29 am

These clothes are beautiful. I love it

33. September 12, 2018 / 11:36 am

Aw, Soph, you always look so stylish and gorgeous! I love white but rarely wear it because I can guarantee I’ll spill something down it that won’t come out in the wash. I’m so sorry to hear about your dress but I’m excited to see what you upcycle it into 🙂 I have a few items of clothing that are in a pile by my sewing box. They’ve been there for months, haha, so maybe seeing what you do will inspire me too! Gorgeous pics, thank you for sharing and glad you had a lovely summer xx

• September 12, 2018 / 2:22 pm

Aw thank you lovely! I’m the same, I always get that fear! I have a feeling mine will sit there for a while too haha! x

• September 12, 2018 / 9:08 pm

Aw thank you Jasmine! White is just a classic effortless look isn’t it x

34. September 12, 2018 / 8:10 pm

lovely outfits! White is so perfect for summer, whenever I see it I instantly think of beachy days! Love the florals and brighter pieces too, you look great! Thanks for sharing xx

35. September 12, 2018 / 8:15 pm

Omg I love your outfits, amazing blog post too! Xx

36. September 12, 2018 / 8:48 pm

These outfits are all so gorgeous! And I definitely like the idea of a round up rather than just a single outfit. It helps me take more inspiration away. Also, the more boxy button up shirts, like the first blue top, honestly elevate your look, making it far from boring!
    | RogueCouture.weebly.com |

• September 12, 2018 / 9:16 pm

Thank you! I’m so glad you like the roundup concept and the button up shirts! They’ve been a favourite of mine this season! x

37. September 20, 2018 / 9:09 pm

You are killing it in every single one of these pics! Yes I love pastels, I think I am still going to try and wear pastel colours throughout winter, maybe not Autumn but Winter haha! I love the orange trousers, I think if you are going to wear bright colours, you need to go for a colour bottom and a plain white top! Moving on to white, I still have items of white clothing that I haven’t wore yet because I don’t want to spill anything on them! I love your monochrome dress! x

• September 20, 2018 / 9:18 pm

Aw thanks so much! I don’t blame you for wanting to incorporate pastels into Autumn too, they’re gorgeous aren’t they! Haha I’m so glad I’m not the only adult who is scared of the white! x

38. September 21, 2018 / 1:41 pm

Loving all your outfits! Esp. the black and white stripes dress x

One of the reasons I wanted to lose weight is so I can wear more cute dresses lol. #prayformysuccessweightlossjourney

x Rasya | nurulrasya.com

39. September 28, 2018 / 7:40 am

You’re so gorgeous Sophie!! And I so love these outfits!! Especially the black and white ones, I too really like to combine black and white clothes. It never gets old and always look good! Great post!

Tuva,

• September 28, 2018 / 10:44 am

Aw you’re too sweet! Thank you, I agree, black and white parings are just so effortless and classic aren’t they?! Thanks lovely, I’m glad you liked it! x