My Updated Morning Skincare Routine

I’ve always had a love of skincare and have been wanting to share my whole routine for a while now. Despite sharing snippets of products via reviews or over on Instagram, there’s something so satisfying about being content in a whole routine. Finding products that work individually as well as successfully complimenting each other is something that takes time, but I’m confident that I’ve managed it. My morning routine is simpler than it’s evening counterpart as I tend to be more limited on time, so I felt it fitting to share first.

My Skin

Skincare is obviously something that works best when tailored to you. My own skin is combination- leaning towards dry, so many of the things I use work for a few skin types. At this time of year in particular, I do gravitate towards more gentle and moisturising products, particularly in the mornings when harsh makeup removal just isn’t necessary. I’ve recently switched up my skincare in preparation for the colder months, so my routine features a couple of new faces but also some old favourites. So here are the products I use, in the order that I use them!

Cleanser

You may already know of my love for Clinique, whose skincare has been my ‘safe-bet’ for about five years now. No matter how much I enjoy using new products, I always seem to end up running back to the comfort and familiarity of the Clinique liquid facial soap. On trying the Dermalogica special cleansing gel though, I knew that this time was different and I instantly fell in love. It’s no wonder really, as it’s actually very similar to the Clinique and produces the same type of mild lather. This is the perfect face wash for this time of year as it’s so gentle on the skin and leaves it feeling soft and clean. I switched to the Dermalogica just over two months ago but will be alternating the two in the future.

Morning Skincare Routine

Toner

After my morning cleanse, I’ve been using the L’Oreal Fine Flowers toner. This is a familiar product and one which I tend to reintroduce at this time of year as it’s a little more moisturising than my others. My usual preference for the evenings is something a little more harsh (and therefore effective) but in the morning when there are no traces of makeup to wipe away, I find this is perfect for gently preparing my skin for the day.

Targeted Skincare

If I’m not in a manic rush then I like to add in a targeted product to my morning routine. I apply the Navi Pore-Refining Hydro Emulsion by dotting it at each side of my nose where my pores are larger. This has by no means miraculously carried out a disappearing act, but after continued use it has reduced my pores a little. Every little helps, especially when following skincare with foundation that can accentuate the pores.

Morning Skincare Routine

Moisturising Products

Lastly I provide my face with the necessary moisture that it needs for this time of year with a face cream and an eye cream. At the minute I dot the Revuele Argon Oil Eye Cream underneath my eyes to inject moisture and leave me looking a little less tired. It’s under £5, so is the cheapest eye cream I’ve ever used and is also one of the best.

To finish the routine, I’m currently using the eye wake face cream. After being impressed by their under-eye gel a while back, I knew I wanted to try their new launch. This has a lovely consistency which effortlessly sinks into the skin, leaving it smooth and a lovely canvas for makeup.

Morning Skincare Routine

*  This post contains PR Samples which have been sent to review and give my honest opinion about. I was under no obligation to feature these products in a blog post. All words, images and opinions about the suitability of the products are my own. I am now a Dermalogica ‘skinfluencer’, so work with the brand providing feedback on products and sharing those I love. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.

1. October 4, 2018 / 5:36 pm

I loved reading about your morning skincare routine! I also have combination skin that tends to be dry so this was helpful. The Dermalogica cleansing gel sounds really good for a gentle clean. I’ve never tried any of their products before but I definitely want to now.

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

• October 4, 2018 / 7:59 pm

Aw I’m glad! I hope you love it if you try! x

2. October 4, 2018 / 5:49 pm

So glad I read this. My skin is going absolutely mental at the minute and I find it so hard to navigate the world of skincare products, so it’s super useful to read what others are using!

• October 4, 2018 / 8:01 pm

Oh I’m glad it helped you in some way! x

3. October 4, 2018 / 8:05 pm

I have a dermologica cleaner and its so good and part of my skincare!

4. October 4, 2018 / 9:32 pm

I love seeing what products other people use in their skincare routines. Dermalogica is such an amazing brand and I’m really intrigued by the Navi pore emulsion. I’d love to find something to minimise my pores so I’ll definitely check this one out, thank you, Sophie xx

• October 5, 2018 / 1:10 pm

I do too, I’m so nosy! I love Dermalogica and the pore emulsion has slightly improved mine! x

5. October 4, 2018 / 9:35 pm

This is a great post Soph! I’m always changing my skin care routine and trying new things, so it’s nice to see which products work best for you. The Argon Oil eye cream is a real bargain for under £5 plus it looks like an expensive item. I need a product to make me look less tired! The eye wake face cream does look really smooth and creamy too. Fab post, thank you for sharing and giving me some new skin care inspiration <3 xx

• October 5, 2018 / 3:35 pm

Thanks Bexa! I don’t think you can beat it for it’s price range! I’m glad you enjoyed it! x

6. October 4, 2018 / 9:52 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever tried any of these! Which is a very rare thing for me when it comes to skincare posts. It’s always interesting to see what others are using. My skin is hypersensitive to basically anything I put on it on a morning so my am routine is much more stripped back than the evening. Serum, eye cream and SPF is about it. The argan oil eye cream sounds lovely x

• October 5, 2018 / 1:11 pm

OOh that’s interesting! I love using serums but tend to keep them to the evening- thinking about it, it’s something I probably should use both AM & PM! x

7. October 4, 2018 / 10:45 pm

In love with Dermalogica! Deffo some good skincare products here!

8. October 6, 2018 / 3:43 am

It can be hard to find products that are compatible with your skin. I’m the same with you! I’ve used that Clinique liquid facial soap before. It feels great with the brush! I need to check out the pore-refining hydro emulsion. I like to have my pores flushed out in the morning but like them closed back up after, hehe. Thanks for sharing your skincare routine! It’s always nice to see what people are using :).

• October 8, 2018 / 12:17 pm

I totally agree, it definitely takes some experimenting! I love seeing what other people are using too, I’m so nosy haha! x

• October 8, 2018 / 1:34 pm

I honestly swear by it! Thanks so much for the nomination! x

• October 8, 2018 / 11:04 am

I’m so glad you like it too, I get on so well with it! x

9. October 7, 2018 / 9:27 pm

I’m really intrigued by the Dermalogica cleanser, I’m a Liz Earle gal but it looks good!

• October 8, 2018 / 10:17 am

I love Liz Earle too actually but use it as a double cleanse. The Dermalogica works so well for me! x

10. October 11, 2018 / 5:09 pm

Ah I need to try the dermatological cleanser, have so many amazing things about it! I also have dry-combination skin! These are some great products I need to try! xx

11. October 12, 2018 / 6:51 pm

Loooove these! Always great to see other people’s skincare routines!

12. October 24, 2018 / 8:44 pm

My skin is absolutely terrible and I cannot figure out why since nothing has changed in my routine ahah but I definitely will be checking these products out since I have a similar skin type! Lovely post!

• October 24, 2018 / 9:31 pm

Oh that’s such a shame, it could just be the change of weather. I hope you like them if you try any! x