Autumn / Winter Care Packages with Hello Bexa

Autumn / Winter Care Packages with Hello Bexa

Autumn and Winter can be amazing for so many different reasons. If nothing more, both seasons provide ample excuse to partake in fun and festivity but also to enjoy some downtime. Self-care should be a year-round ritual, but these seasons are colder and darker, so I’d argue that it becomes even more important. With many of us allowing the gloom and chill to get the better of us, nurturing positivity (in ourselves and others) is definitely a necessary habit.

Today’s post is a collaboration with one of my lovely blogger friends, Bexa, who is a constant ray of sunshine over on Twitter. Her blog also always does a great job of cheering me up as every single post is positive and colourful! Bexa and I began blogging at around the same time and we’ve supported each other for quite a while now. After admiring a few fun collaborations on her blog, she was the first to come to mind regarding a care-package collaboration! The extensive TK Maxx Autumnal range left me struggling to stay within the £20 limit we had set, but I had so much fun making Bexa’s package.

My Care Package

I had no doubt that Bexa would put together a wonderful care package. I was though, completely blown away by how much thought had gone into it. From the beautiful Paperchase box filled with confetti stars to the lovely card that had been written out; receiving it completely made my day. I can’t wait to share everything that was included, because all of it makes for perfect care-package content:

Soap & Glory Calm One Calm All

A relaxing bubble bath has to be one of the most simple yet effective self-care techniques going. Less about the bathing and more about the ritual of taking an hour or so out of a stressful day to light a candle, breathe in relaxing scents and soak away the worries. Soap & Glory products are some of my bath time favourites, so you can bet I’ve already enjoyed this one. Bexa also included a little bath fizzer which I can’t wait to try one weekend morning!

Cosy Socks

At this time of year, when it comes to socks, the fluffier the better. Just the other day I made a mental note to invest in some more, so thanks Bexa for saving me a job! These are so fluffy and perfect for warming chilly toes. I’ve had cosy socks from Primark before and because they’re only ever worn around the house or in bed (and maybe under the occasional boot) they seem to last for a really long time!

Hello Bexa Care Package

‘True Love’s Kiss’ Disney Face-Mask

It may come as no surprise that the Disney feature is one of my favourites. I’d not yet got my hands on any of these so I was very pleasantly surprised on discovering this. I couldn’t wait to try it and already have! Despite the printed face on the sheet mask being a little creepy, it’s super moisturising and has a lovely scent too. I’ll definitely be picking up a few more of these. A pamper evening isn’t complete without a face-mask, so this is such a lovely feature.

Thorntons Classic Collection

A little chocolate is always a great pick me up on a gloomy day. The idea of sending someone a little selection rather than just one type is lovely. Of course, I had to sample these (wink wink) so they didn’t last very long at all!

Ted Baker Body Spray

Despite owning rather a lot of fragrance, only one of these is a body spray. This smells absolutely wonderful and is just the right size (and weight) to pop into a care package. It’s also perfectly formed to live in my handbag, which is so convenient for mid-day freshen ups.

Soap & Glory Hand Food

I’m a huge fan of the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush scent; when buying their products it’s the one I reach for over any other. At this time of year, hand cream is a definite must so I’ve popped this in my bag too as a perfect reminder.

Madagascan Vanilla Candle

I’ve had a few of these candles before and absolutely love everything from the sweet vanilla scent to the chic aesthetic. I already know that I’ll really enjoy this, after including it in a few photos beforehand of course.

Vaseline Rosy Lips

This Autumn we really have been blessed with wonderful weather. Despite being a little chilly in the mornings and evenings, the days have been filled with sun and I’ve been revelling in it while I still can. All year round I appreciate the importance of moisturising lip products and with the weather on the turn, it’s even more important to keep one handy at all times. I’ve already started using this and love it’s pretty and subtle pink sheen.

Thank you Bexa for such a thoughtful care package, I truly love every single thing! If you’re curious about what I included in Bexa’s care package then you can find her post here.

1. October 25, 2018 / 10:38 am

I completely agree with you that self-care is more important than ever as the day gets colder and gloomier – and what a gorgeous selection of goodies you have now to help along the way! Vanilla candles are my favourite, so that was definitely a good choice, and I love the mix between pampering and just outright cosiness (yay for the socks!) Really enjoyed this collab between you two! 😍

• October 25, 2018 / 8:44 pm

I know I’ve been completely spoilt haven’t I?! Vanilla are mine too- they’re such a safe option aren’t they, you can’t really go wrong and they’re perfect all year around! Thanks Ruth I’m so glad you enjoyed it, I know I did! x

2. October 25, 2018 / 10:55 am

You received some lovely items! That face mask looks so good xx

• October 25, 2018 / 8:46 pm

I certainly did! It’s so cute isn’t it x

3. Valeria Chizhova
    October 25, 2018 / 12:34 pm

Such a lovely box! I’m in love with face mask I’d like to try it. And the lip balm is must have for cold weather
    Have a great day!

• October 25, 2018 / 8:48 pm

It’s gorgeous isn’t it?! They’re both great inclusions x

4. October 25, 2018 / 1:47 pm

Aww yay!! I’m so happy you loved the self-care treats Soph! I’m glad that everything will come in handy, and that’s great that I saved you the job of getting more fluffy socks. I never realized the face mask had an actual face on it, that so funny! I got myself one as well but haven’t used it yet, I can’t wait to give it a try, it does sound lovely even if a little creepy, he he! I’m pleased you enjoyed the chocolates, I’ve just finished all the shortbread you sent me, it was soo nice, I’ve got my eye on the Galaxy counters next, ha ha. Thank you for inviting me to do the box swap with you, I had so much fun and loved everything you gave me! Great post and lovely photos too! <3 xx

• October 25, 2018 / 8:50 pm

I’m wearing the socks as we speak and they’re so cosy! Haha I didn’t think it would either, I hope you love yours too, just don’t answer the door in it haha! Thank you for the package, everything you included was just perfect and I’m so glad you liked the things I got you too! I had so much fun so thanks for taking part! xx

5. October 25, 2018 / 4:39 pm

You and Bexa are two of my favourite bloggers so I was really excited to see what you got each other. Wow, she found you some gorgeous goodies! I love those socks, the chocolate, the candle, the hand cream and that face mask looks fantastic too, although I’m with you on the creepy face, haha. This is the perfect self-care package for this time of year, lucky you! xx

• October 25, 2018 / 8:58 pm

Aw that’s so sweet thanks Lisa! She certainly did, I was very spoilt, all of it is perfect! x

6. October 25, 2018 / 4:45 pm

What a lovely box! I love cozy socks. I have about 6 pairs but I never seem to have enough of them during the winter.

• October 25, 2018 / 9:01 pm

It’s lovely isn’t it?! Haha I’m completely the same! x

7. October 25, 2018 / 5:32 pm

I need those cosy socks in my life! They look so comfy! Also, never saying no to some delicious chocolate! What a lovely box!

• October 25, 2018 / 9:10 pm

You so do, I’m wearing them now and they’re so cosy! x

8. October 25, 2018 / 5:51 pm

The Ted Baker body spray is one of my all time favourite scents. A care package is such a great idea and is something simple that can cheer somebody up. Your photos look amazing too!

• October 25, 2018 / 9:13 pm

It’s gorgeous isn’t it! I totally agree, thanks Kelly! x

9. October 25, 2018 / 5:57 pm

This is such a great idea – just seen the sister post!! Loving the Madagascar vanilla candle – sounds great!

• October 25, 2018 / 9:19 pm

Thanks Jo, I’m glad you think so! It’s lovely! x

10. October 25, 2018 / 6:04 pm

I love this collab you and Bexa did, it’s so lovely and thoughtful. You both got so much for only £20, I’m so impressed! Cosy socks are my favourite during this time of the year. I love coming home and putting them on! Also, the packaging for that face mask is great – I think this is something my sister would love so I’ll have to keep an eye out to get her some for Christmas!

Amy,

• October 25, 2018 / 9:26 pm

Thanks Amy, I’m so glad! I’m wearing some of the socks right now and am loving them, they’re so cosy! The facemark is gorgeous isn’t it, I love Disney so I was sold instantly haha! x

11. October 25, 2018 / 6:07 pm

I’ve legit just finished reading Bexa blog post and skipped right on over to you! I really enjoyed readin your collab it was such a cute idea! You got some amazing thing! I’ve seen so many people use them face mask, really need to get my hands on one!

• October 25, 2018 / 9:29 pm

Aw thanks lovely, I’m glad you enjoyed the collab! I definitely did get some lovely things didn’t I? x

12. October 25, 2018 / 10:33 pm

I like when you and Bexa swap gifts boxes. I love all the nice items you gals give each other. I like the Madagascan Vanilla candle along with the Soap & Glory. Soft, cosy socks are great to wear in the fall.

• October 26, 2018 / 6:21 pm

It was a super fun collaboration and I’m glad you enjoyed it too! x

13. October 26, 2018 / 9:38 am

Aww what a lush box 🙂 I love the Disney Princess face masks but they are SCARY when on haha.
    Such a lot of thought has gone in to this box, it’s like the perfect night in.
    Can’t beat fluffy socks and candles for a cosy evening.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

• October 26, 2018 / 6:55 pm

It’s gorgeous isn’t it?! Haha I totally agree and yes Bexa has clearly put so much thought into this which is so sweet of her x

14. October 26, 2018 / 11:39 am

This is such a lovely idea, self-care is so important <3 You got some lovely little things, the socks look so soft and cosy – if I'm ever just chilling around my house I will always have fluffy socks on (I've actually accidentally gone outside in them before totally forgetting I was wearing them!). Lovely post! 🙂

• October 26, 2018 / 7:03 pm

Thank you, I totally agree. I have fluffy socks on right now and love them haha x

15. October 26, 2018 / 3:26 pm

Was just over at Bexa’s post and loved what you got her – especially the to-do planner!
    Cosy socks are a MUST for me, I’d go out in public in them if I could. They’re the only socks which warm up my little cold feet during winter and keep them all toasty.
    That candle looks like it smells yummy too!

Liv x

• October 26, 2018 / 7:07 pm

Thank you, I hope she did too! I love cosy socks too and am wearing them right now, the candle smells great! x

16. October 26, 2018 / 8:11 pm

Self-care is so important. Your gift packages you sent and received are so lovely! I love a good pair of cosy socks, I have so many! 😊. Face masks are always lovely to have a treat and a good pamper. You have taken some great photographs! Thank you for sharing ❤️Xx

• October 26, 2018 / 9:38 pm

I totally agree, and I love cosy socks too. Thanks Lauren, I’m glad you like them! x

17. October 26, 2018 / 9:35 pm

This is such a gorgeous package! I love all the items Bexa included, especially the fluffy socks! You can never have enough!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

• October 26, 2018 / 9:42 pm

It’s lovely isn’t it and I totally agree! x

18. October 27, 2018 / 1:17 am

Hi Soph!

I completely agree with you that Bexa did you proud with this little lot! So many lovely bits in your care package, even the Paperchase box is gorgeous.

I would love to try the Soap & Glory Calm One Calm All bubble bath – never tried anything quite like that from them before.

Autumn really is the perfect time to cosy up and partake in a spot of self care because it’s so important to keep yourself comfortable throughout the colder months. Winter can take a toll on our physical and mental well-being, if we’re not careful. 💜

Hanna x | missbeautysaver.com

• October 27, 2018 / 11:03 am

Hi Hanna, I’m very lucky aren’t I?! I totally agree with you about the importance of self care at this time of year, make sure you’re looking after yourself! Thanks for stopping by x

19. October 27, 2018 / 5:43 am

I love that you and Bexa collaborated with the care packages! Love the things she included in your box. Bexa collects the cutest things and I have no doubt she has good taste, hehe. Oooh, those cozy socks are going to go a long way with the chilly season coming up. Bubble baths are the best! I like the Sleeping Beauty themed mask! Oh wow, it’s cool that the Ted Baker spray is included in the box.Glad you enjoyed the care pacakge!

• October 27, 2018 / 11:02 am

It was such a fun collaboration so I’m so glad you liked it! She included some gorgeous bits didn’t she? x

20. October 27, 2018 / 2:02 pm

Just came here from Bexa’s post, and oh my are there some goodies in here! That candle looks lovely! Loved this post idea 🙂

Lily Loves | https://www.lilyloves.net

• October 27, 2018 / 3:28 pm

Aw thank you Lily, I was very lucky with all of these goodies yes! x

21. October 27, 2018 / 7:30 pm

Just read Bexa’s post! Love box swaps it looks like Bexa sent you some autumn essentials! Lovely photos x

• October 28, 2018 / 10:15 am

It was so fun to do so I’m glad you enjoyed it, thanks Ellie! x

22. October 28, 2018 / 9:54 am

You got such an amazing range of things in this box it’s crazy to think it’s all less than £20! I’m still yet to try out the Disney face masks too so it’s good to know that they worked well! Primark cosy socks are fab I have SO many pairs!

• October 28, 2018 / 10:17 am

I totally agree, Bexa did so well with the budget didn’t she? Ooh I look forward to seeing how you get on if you try them!x

23. Gemma
    October 28, 2018 / 10:58 am

This care package is beautiful! Bexa has done such a lovely job here, there’s definitely a good pamper night here. It’s also crazy to think this is all under £20! It’s crazy what you can find that is relevant and just for you.

Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/

• October 28, 2018 / 12:40 pm

It is, isn’t it? I completely agree, she did so well considering the budget! x

24. October 28, 2018 / 11:04 am

What a lovely idea this is! I completely agree with you that as the weather gets colder and the nights get darker, it’s so important to practice self-care and make sure we’re taking care of ourselves as best we can. Both you and Bexa chose some great goodies for each other – and all of that within a £20 limit is amazing! I love how much thought you both put into each others boxes. Fluffy socks, chocolates, candles, and bubble baths are a winning combination. You’ve both given me an idea of what I can put in a care box for other people and myself. Great post!

Kelly | http://paperbackadventures.com

• October 28, 2018 / 12:42 pm

Thanks Kelly! I’m glad that you agree and I hope you’re taking care of yourself! It’s a great excuse for a pamper isn’t it?! x

25. October 28, 2018 / 11:08 am

This is such a fun idea for a blog post, I also did an autumn themed blogger swap with Bryoni Burns and it was so cool! Can’t go wrong with fuzzy socks😍✨

• October 28, 2018 / 12:45 pm

Thanks Roxanne! Ooh that sounds great, I’ll check it out. I completely agree x

26. October 28, 2018 / 11:17 am

You both did so well with the budget! Her choices are so thoughtful, even down to the Disney mask. The candle sounds amazing! The box is really cute too. x

• October 28, 2018 / 12:55 pm

Thanks, I thought so too! I agree, I really have been spoilt! x

27. October 28, 2018 / 12:03 pm

Aww this is such a sweet idea! Looks like you got some great bits, especially that Aurora face mask which looks beautiful:) Loved this post x

Kate | http://www.katelovesx.co.uk

• October 28, 2018 / 12:58 pm

Thanks Kate! I certainly did, I loved everything! I’m so glad x

28. October 28, 2018 / 2:51 pm

I am such a big fan of Soap & Glory products. And I love this idea that you guys both did, and ye pulled it off so well!

Caroline | http://caroomakeupblog.com

• October 28, 2018 / 7:39 pm

I am too! Thanks Caroline, I’m so glad you enjoyed it x

29. October 28, 2018 / 10:20 pm

O wow this package is so you! Bexa really catered to you good Soph ❤️ Ah I wanna try the Ted Baker body spray. I like the lip treatment seems so luxurious and definitely perfect for the cold season 😁

Natonya | http://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com

• October 29, 2018 / 7:23 pm

She did, didn’t she?! It smells lovely, and the lip balm is brilliant! x

30. October 28, 2018 / 10:49 pm

How sweet is this?! What a lovely idea!
    I also love the items – I love the Disney sheet mask especially! What was your fave item? 🙂

• October 30, 2018 / 9:21 am

Thanks Rhianna, it was so fun to do. The Disney mask was one of my favourite too as I love Disney and it was such a thoughtful contribution but I love everything! x

31. October 29, 2018 / 6:38 pm

Loved seeing what Bexa sent you and I enjoyed her post showing the things you sent her! Great idea for a blog post and you both got some amazing gifts. I definitely agree with you that self care is really important.

Nicola

• October 30, 2018 / 9:51 am

I’m so glad you enjoyed the collaboration! Thanks Nicola x

32. Lyd
    October 30, 2018 / 7:28 pm

I love that Bexa put a theme together here, you can sink into a bubble bath with your face mask on, eat your chocolate, then get all cosy with your candle burning and fuzzy socks on. Perfect self care for the cold seasons!

Lyd- whatlyddid.com

• October 31, 2018 / 6:39 pm

It’s so lovely isn’t it?! The perfect care box! I’m glad you liked it Lyd x

• October 31, 2018 / 6:31 pm

I totally agree, thank you! x