October Highlights

October Highlights

Well hello, and happy penultimate month of 2018. Grab a cuppa and get comfortable because after having a rather slow September, I have quite a few October highlights to share!

John Lewis Blogger Event

October JL

First up is one of my favourite highlights of the month: my first blog event. I adore John Lewis, so to receive an invitation to their Cambridge store for an evening of fashion and beauty talk was super exciting. An added bonus was getting to meet some wonderful Cambridge bloggers, including the lovely Esther, who I’ve had an Instagram friendship with for a while now.

Another firm favourite from the evening was meeting Michelle from Clarins, who gave me a mini back massage on Clarins’ famous red chair. Battling my initial reluctance to get a ‘relaxing’ massage in a room full of bustling people was one of the best decisions I could have made. Despite my hesitation I completely relaxed almost instantly. The downside is that I’m now painfully aware of how in need I am of a full back massage.

October JL

Aqua Sana Spa Evening

One of my oldest friends recently bagged herself a marketing job at Centre Parcs which, lucky for me, means access to their Spa at a huge discount. I’ve spoken about my love for Aqua Sana before and so as expected, a catch up at the Spa was much more luxurious than our usual trips to Costa or the Waitrose cafe! Neither of us opted for treatments but with so many Spa Experiences and only a few hours, there wasn’t much need. Every time I visit I’m reminded of the calming effect that simply shutting your phone (and therefore the rest of the world) in a locker and taking even only a few hours out can have.

Pumpkin Picking

October

Visiting an actual Pumpkin Patch is something that I’d not had the pleasure of doing until October of this year. All I can really say is move over Tesco. Thanks to the power of Instagram, I discovered Undley Farm pumpkin patch. To our pleasant surprise, we realised that it’s only a pretty short drive from where we live! J and I popped there one Sunday morning and I couldn’t believe how much fun we had.

I was literally only expecting a field dotted with pumpkins but Undley Farm actually holds a whole event; pumpkin bouncy castle, food stalls and all. This would be the perfect seasonal event for kids, if you have them. There’s also something lovely about picking a pumpkin straight from the place it grew and purchasing locally. By chance, we got to the patch pretty early (about 10:30 just after it opened) and I’d definitely advise this. By the time we left (around lunchtime) it was absolutely packed and there were cars queued up for miles trying to get in. Unsurprisingly the ‘car park’ is a pretty bumpy field, so we were glad we’d borrowed a Jeep for the weekend.

It’s safe to say that a new tradition has been made.

Horsey Seals

Horsey beach during seal season is one of my absolute favourite places in Norfolk. There’s something so incredible about seeing so many beautiful creatures frolicking in the sea or laying out on the beach.

October Seals

Autumn Fashion

Many of my latest fashion posts have expressed just how much I love Summer fashion and how difficult I find A/W in comparison. For that reason, my including Autumn fashion as a highlight may come as a shock (it has to me). What I’ve found wonderful about this Autumn is the weather. Although notably a little chillier in the mornings and evenings, it’s still lovely throughout the day. I’m very cold blooded so I tend to struggle when it comes to looking nice and making sure I’m cosy enough, but this year I haven’t had a problem. Cosy jumpers have usually been enough to ward off the chill, and if not I’ve just chucked on the latest addition to my wardrobe; the teddy coat.

October

TV & Movies

We’ve all been aware of environmental issues for a while now. Recently though, they’ve been dragged to the forefront by passionate activists and have (rightly) become a hot topic. Last month I actively educated myself by watching a few documentaries and must give a mention to the one which most dramatically moved me; A Plastic Ocean. I won’t go into it in too much detail as I have content planned which will elaborate on this issue further, but I would recommend it to anyone (watch through the first 10 or so minutes, it finds its feet pretty quickly).

My excitement surrounding going to the cinema to watch Venom was fuelled only by food and Tom Hardy; the two great loves of my life. Jamie was really eager to see it, and seeing as I knew nothing about Venom, I was very pleasantly surprised. Tom Hardy’s versatile nature and his apparent ability to effortlessly become whichever role he takes on constantly amazes me. I also have to give a little mention of the Eminem track which was played during the credits. It fits the movie perfectly and I found that it really captured my attention; I’ve since added to my Apple music library.

I also feel the need to quickly mention my love for the Pink Moscato featured in the Tesco’s Finest Dine in for £10.00 offer which is kind of what we’ve been living off of for the last month or so. A little random but you can thank me later.

1. Gemma
    November 4, 2018 / 1:46 pm

I love all your favourites here! This month was also my first time to a pumpkin patch. It was soo busy and I’m glad we went super early. It was a good experience and I’ll be going back next year. Autumn fashion is amazing! I love all the colours and the jumpers. It’s definitely my favourite time of the year.

Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/

• November 4, 2018 / 7:34 pm

Thanks Gemma! I’m so glad you enjoyed a pumpkin patch too! Thanks for stopping by x

2. November 4, 2018 / 2:47 pm

October sounds like it had some great moments for you! The John Lewis Blogger event sounds super interesting. Pumpkin picking sounds like it was a lot of fun, it’s really nice to see some more American traditions for Autumn/Halloween are becoming more and more common in the UK. I really like the idea of pumpkin picking and will definitely have to make some time to do that next year. Great post!

• November 4, 2018 / 7:39 pm

It did, thanks lovely! I agree, a lot of people roll their eyes and use Americanisms as an insult but I actually really love it and am always up for a reason to celebrate or decorate! x

3. November 4, 2018 / 2:58 pm

I love going out to pick pumpkins! It’s so much fun and i’am glad you got the chance to try it out! I haven then to see Venom yet but my husband really wants to do i’am glad to hear it’s pretty good! Hope your november is just as much fun!

• November 5, 2018 / 11:11 am

I couldn’t believe how much fun it was! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did, thank you Kristin, you too! x

• November 5, 2018 / 11:11 am

I couldn’t believe how much fun it was! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did, thank you Kristin, yours too! x

4. November 4, 2018 / 5:19 pm

Why am I always a sucker for floral back drops??? It’s so cool that you got an invite to a blog event! So cool that you got to enjoy a back massage. It’s great that you got to visit a pumpkin patch – big plus that it’s a close drive! I had to go out an hour for the one I went to @___@. Love that this is now a new tradition. Glad you’ve enjoyed your October!

• November 4, 2018 / 6:55 pm

I am too Nancy, they’re gorgeous aren’t they?! Oh wow an hour? I hope it was worth the drive! I hope you had a lovely October too x

5. November 4, 2018 / 9:46 pm

This was a great post! I really enjoyed reading it. Sounds like you’ve been doing lots of fun stuff. I want to go to that beach with the sea lions!!

• November 5, 2018 / 11:16 am

Thanks Lauren! I’ve had a pretty fun month, yes! Have a lovely November x

6. November 4, 2018 / 10:32 pm

It sounds like you had a great October. A spa day sounds amazing, even just having a place to relax and shut everything out.
    Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Side Note: I love your pictures!

• November 5, 2018 / 10:46 pm

I did thanks Anna! I love spending time at the Spa and already feel like I’m due another trip! Thank you! x

• November 5, 2018 / 1:16 pm

They’re gorgeous aren’t they?! Thanks lovely, you too! x

7. November 5, 2018 / 12:37 am

Great post and I love your photography!!

8. November 5, 2018 / 2:44 pm

Love autumn it’s one of my favourite times of the year! Love the seals they are just so cute! I still need to go and see venom it looks so good and I love superhero movies a, Great Post x

• November 5, 2018 / 10:50 pm

I do too, we’ve been so lucky with the weather the year too! I hope you enjoy Venom as much as we did! Thanks lovely x

9. November 5, 2018 / 4:45 pm

What a lovely October! Congrats on being invited to your first ever blog event, that’s amazing and every bloggers dream! I would love to go to a pumpkin patch one year, I always see all these big Youtubers going to them and they look so fun!

• November 5, 2018 / 10:56 pm

Thanks Chloe! I’d definitely recommend trying to get to one, one year, I had no idea how much fun it would be! x

10. November 5, 2018 / 7:28 pm

Looks like you had a great month! Those seals omgg 😍

• November 5, 2018 / 11:23 pm

I did thanks lovely, I know they’re adorable! x

11. November 5, 2018 / 8:00 pm

What a lovely month you’ve had, I would love to go to a blogger event but Bristol is just a little too far away and I’ve yet to find any in Bath, sob. Horsey Beach looks so beautiful, and how exciting to see those seals up so close. I’m very envious of the spa day discounts you’ll be enjoying in the future but I will attempt to ease that by checking out the Pink Moscato. I adore rose wine so thank you in advance for what I’m sure I will love! xx

• November 5, 2018 / 11:30 pm

Thanks Bexa! I live in the middle of nowhere so had to travel a little for this one but it was definitely worth it! It’s a gorgeous beach and absolutely wonderful to be able to appreciate the seals in their natural state- I love animals but hate seeing them in zoos as I feel like they’re all caged in. I hope you love the Pink Moscato as much as I do- it’s a little too easy to drink if you know what I mean, haha! x

12. November 5, 2018 / 8:08 pm

I love hearing about all these different blog events. I need to find some close to home. October cane and went too fast

• November 6, 2018 / 9:22 am

I do too! I completely agree, have a good November x

13. November 5, 2018 / 11:18 pm

What an eventful October! I have never been pumpkin picking but I think that’s great that there was a bouncy castle and food stalls where you went!

• November 6, 2018 / 9:27 am

It was! I think its great too, the food stalls were great and there were so many things to keep children entertained if you had them! x

• November 7, 2018 / 6:29 pm

It was so fun! I hope you love it when you get to visit one! x

14. November 8, 2018 / 9:04 am

Sounds like you had an amazing October! I’d love to go to a pumpkin patch, but it’s not really a thing in Australia. Maybe one day!
    Oh my goodness that photo of the seal made my day, he’s too cute!
    I’m adding A Plastic Ocean to my ‘must watch’ list – thank you! 🙂

• November 8, 2018 / 9:55 pm

I did thanks Kayla! I think it’s quite a recent thing in the UK so you never know! I hope you love A Plastic Ocean as much as I did, it’s so moving and inspiring x

15. November 8, 2018 / 10:56 am

Sounds like you had a fab autumn and did lots of fun things. I really wanted to pick a pumpkin but we don’t have any pumpkin farms nearby. Lovely photos and really like your style.

Samantha x

• November 8, 2018 / 10:01 pm

I did thank you! Oh that’s such a shame- they’re definitely growing in popularity here in the UK aren’t they. Thanks! x

16. November 11, 2018 / 9:16 am

I’m still yet to ever visit a pumpkin patch, but I guess that will have to wait until next year now.. 😩 I’m also yet to see Venom, and considering I’m a big Tom Hardy fan, I’m more shocked by that than anything else!

• November 11, 2018 / 2:54 pm

You definitely should make plans for next year, it was so fun! I love Tom Hardy too haha x

17. November 11, 2018 / 3:29 pm

Ooo that looks like such a cool blogger event! Haha, I always feel super weird about getting a massage in a room full of people- glad you enjoyed it! xx
    Beaulife.org

• November 11, 2018 / 8:34 pm

It was! Haha yeah I felt a little weird about it but after so many others had it seemed a shame not to experience it for myself too! x