Wake Up On The Right Side Of The Bed | With Leesa Sleep

Wake Up On The Right Side Of The Bed | With Leesa Sleep

At this time of year, I find it more difficult than usual to drag myself out of bed. A lot of us are more tired, grouchy, and prone to snapping at people over things which wouldn’t bother us quite as much if the sun was shining. None of us want to feel down or to exude negative energy though, so it’s important that we take care of ourselves to ensure that we’re not. Recently I’ve been taking care of myself in a luxurious way.

Waking Up In Luxury

I’ve recently spoken about small self-care techniques, but with the days getting exceedingly darker, I’m upping the ante. A lot of negativity at this time of year can be attributed to a general feeling of tiredness. Daylight saving time messes around with our body clocks, and I know I’m not the only one whose sleeping pattern has been affected. The sun also sets earlier, leaving us feeling like it’s a lot later than it really is, and our poor little brains can’t cope (or at least, mine can’t). So as well as littering the house with fresh flowers and lighting all of the seasonal candles in a bid to cheer myself up, I’ve also taken more drastic action. I’ve gone straight to the route of the problem: sleep.

Earlier this year I invested in a silk pillowcase (on the recommendation of Kourtney Kardashian, no other). I couldn’t believe the difference that it made, not only to the quality of my sleep but to the quality of my hair too (yeah, seriously). I’ve recently completely changed up my sleeping area; new mattress, new duvet, the lot, and am finally waking up on the right side of the bed.

Leesa Bed

My Leesa Sleep Mattress

A little over a year ago I was faced with an overwhelming task. I had to make a very adult decision about which new mattress to buy. Although I’ve always been a firm believer in investing in quality, when it came to mattresses I was overwhelmed. I really had absolutely no idea what quality looked like. Under pressure, I opted for pocket sprung and although I’ve had no complaints, when Leesa Sleep kindly offered to gift me one of their impeccably engineered mattresses, I jumped at the chance to upgrade. Leesa is a brand whose ethics resonate with my own; they plant one tree for every purchase and donate one mattress for every ten sold. Through their scheme over 30,000 mattresses have been donated, and my previous mattress has also gone to a good new home.

I received my new mattress a little over a month ago and although I anticipated an improvement, I didn’t realise that it would be quite so dramatic. I’ve had issues with my back for a while, so Leesa’s boast of pressure-relieving core support was one of the strongest selling points for me. Whilst I must admit that there was a short adjustment period in which I noticed more issues than usual; after around a week I began noticing a real improvement. A month later and I’ve been able to attribute a lot of the issues I’ve been having to a mattress with not enough support, and poor posture. I’m in no way suggesting that a new mattress will miraculously heal your ailments, but since replacing my mattress and office chair, I really have seen an improvement.

GET £100 OFF A LEESA MATTRESS WITH CODE ‘SOPHIEHEARTS’

My UK Double would have cost me £650. At risk of this sounding like a sales pitch (it’s not), the cost per use is actually incredible. Leesa mattresses have a 10-year guarantee and if you replace their mattress on its 10 year anniversary exactly (but you’re likely to have it longer), you’ll have spent under 18p per night on it. Had I considered Leesa before I purchased my previous mattress, I would have absolutely no reservation in purchasing one from them. I think they have pretty regular offers as well and have kindly given my readers £100 off with code ‘SOPHIEHEARTS’. I think its also important to add that they offer a 100-night risk-free trial and 0% financing options.

Silk Bedding

How do you upgrade from silk pillows? Silk filled duvets of course! I was kindly gifted an all seasons duvet set from Silk Bedding Direct to accompany my lovely new mattress. The combination creates a far more luxurious bed than I’m accustomed to. It’s safe to say I’m feeling very spoilt. The duvet set is actually really nifty; it includes two separate duvets, both a Summer and a Spring/Autumn weight. These clip together to create a Winter weight, creating the perfect temperature all year round. The materials used in the duvets are all high quality and so are recommended for asthma, eczema and allergy sufferers. I occasionally get stress triggered eczema, but am not currently suffering. I’ll be sure to provide an update if I notice a difference at all.

Leesa Bed

I’ve naively gone through life thinking that a duvet was just a duvet, but this one is in another league. It’s so soft that it almost seems a shame to have to use covers. At £163.15 the luxury that these emulate is to be expected. If you think the set is a little on the pricey side then both parts are also sold individually. The individual duvets also feature the clips which allow them to function as an all season set.

* This post contains gifted products which have been sent for review as part of unpaid collaborations. All words, images and opinions about the suitability of the products are my own. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.

1. November 22, 2018 / 8:22 pm

I totally get what you mean about the silk pillowcase! Especially if my hair is curly – it really makes a difference!
    I recently bought some bamboo fibre pillows and they’re so soft and supportive and just never go flat, which I love!
    Will have to look into this mattress!

• November 22, 2018 / 9:47 pm

It’s crazy what a difference it makes isn’t it?! Ooh pillows are the one thing I haven’t had the pleasure of changing recently so I’ll definitely look into them x

2. November 22, 2018 / 8:36 pm

Fresh anything is always amazing when it comes to bed stuff. New duvets, clean sheets, new bedding never fail to be amazing. 10 year guarantee is amazing! I’ve been meaning to try silk pillowcases for a really long time now. I’ve heard nothing but amazing things x

• November 22, 2018 / 9:54 pm

I totally agree! I thought a 10 year guarantee was amazing too, particularly when rival companies try and convince people that they need a new mattress every 8! I actively dislike sleeping on anything else now, there are so many beauty benefits to them and they’re just incredibly comfy too so I’d 100% recommend x

3. November 22, 2018 / 9:46 pm

Ughhhh that looks so cozy!! I’ve had my mattress for many many years and it’s just expensive to get one but I REALLY am in need of one with back support! I’ve never heard of that brand but I’ll have to look into it. Thank you for sharing, Soph!

Geraldine | https://geraldinetalks.com

• November 22, 2018 / 10:22 pm

It is! They are expensive but they’re 100% worth the investment, especially in the long run. If you’re serious about buying one then make sure you remember the discount code and look into their 0% financing options! x

• November 23, 2018 / 6:24 pm

Thanks lovely! I’d 100% recommend one, they’re amazing x

4. November 23, 2018 / 8:43 pm

This sounds amazing, I love new bed stuff, from a mattress to the sheets, one of the best feelings is getting into a fresh bed for sure. I really want to try silk sheets, I struggle a lot with my sleep, a lot of the time I have to use a spray or tablets to help me sleep, so I have been watching to try out silk bedding to see if it helps in anyway!

• November 25, 2018 / 11:02 am

I totally agree with you! Introducing silk in both my pillowcase and duvet has really helped me a lot x

5. Asher Downer
    November 23, 2018 / 10:02 pm

Your photos make your bed look so so cosy!!

6. November 24, 2018 / 10:35 pm

The mattress and bedding sound phenomenal. I need to invest in a new mattress soon and I definitely need to get myself a nice silk pillowcase in order to care for my hair better
    Dora

• November 25, 2018 / 11:06 am

They are, I’ve got on really well with them both- I hope you find the same x

7. November 25, 2018 / 6:35 am

I am the same when it comes to getting out of bed! It takes so much energy to even get up.. I need to get my hands on a silk pillow! Glad you’re enjoying your new mattress so far. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about bedding options!

• November 25, 2018 / 11:10 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one! x

8. November 25, 2018 / 10:02 am

We’ll be moving soon and I dread finding a new mattress because if I choose the wrong one I’ll be uncomfortable for the next how many years! This mattress sounds like a dream and although it’s quite pricey I can see the appeal, hopefully if we have enough left in our budget when we move I can get one of these!

• November 25, 2018 / 11:14 am

I’ve had that dread before too which is why I love that Leesa offer a 100 day risk free trial- it’s perfect for giving that additional piece of mind. If you still have enough in the budget and are considering a Leesa then make sure you use the discount code- £100 off is such a great offer! x

9. November 25, 2018 / 11:17 am

I’ve read about Kourtney Kardashian and the silk pillows but never knew if they really worked but that sounds great especially if it helps with your hair! That mattress sounds amazing! X

• November 25, 2018 / 11:21 am

I was a little sceptical at first too but thought I might as well give it a go and I’m so glad I did x

10. November 25, 2018 / 1:42 pm

I really need to look into all of this! Maybe Santa can help 😂 what’s the point in being an adult if you can’t ask for adult things like bedding for Christmas! I love that Leesa plant a tree for every purchase and donate a mattress for every ten! That’s amazing. Great post, thanks for sharing!

• November 25, 2018 / 9:14 pm

Haha I agree, I ask for sensible adult things for gifts too haha! It’s a wonderful brand ethic isn’t it?x

11. November 25, 2018 / 2:17 pm

Oh my! This sounds like such a lovely and luxurious sleep set up! The time change and darker seasons have definitely messed with my sleep scheduale and some of these ideas could definitely help!

• November 25, 2018 / 9:06 pm

It’s a vast improvement! x

12. November 25, 2018 / 8:48 pm

Ah I’ve been meaning to switch to a silk pillowcase for ages, really interesting to hear how much of a difference it makes!

• November 25, 2018 / 9:44 pm

I’m so glad that I did, I hope you feel the same if you make the change x

• November 26, 2018 / 9:31 pm

Thank you! I adore mine and think it’s worth every penny, I hope you feel the same when or if you choose to invest! x

13. November 26, 2018 / 9:40 pm

Loved reading your mattress story! I’m actually hoping to buy a new mattress in the new year sales. Ours is very old ( I know)! And I suffer terribly from neck/back and shoulder ache and waking headaches because of our mattress. It’s to the point where I dread going to sleep for fear of waking up feeling terrible. We bought a memory foam topper for it ages ago but it’s seen better nights and doesn’t feel the same. I’ve had to keep buying different pillows but since it hasn’t helped I began blaming the actual mattress. They’re so expensive though! It is a mine field isn’t it! How lucky you were to have this fabulous gift! I’ve not heard of this brand but will have a look.

Samantha x

• November 26, 2018 / 9:56 pm

Thank you, I’m glad! It’s terrible to dread going to sleep isn’t it, luckily after revamping my bed I’ve had amazing nights sleep and it really does have such a positive knock on effect to your whole life really! I hope you find a great one in the sales, make sure to keep this one in mind (& the £100 off code) too. Mattresses are such a great investment so I hope you’re happy with whichever one you go for and end up having better nights!x

14. November 26, 2018 / 9:48 pm

I’d love to try out silk pillows as my hair can sometimes look like I’ve bene dragged through a hedge backwards when I wake up in the morning! A great post lovely! x

• November 26, 2018 / 10:00 pm

I have quite fine hair anyway so honestly haven’t really had this problem with any pillow- the silk has definitely made a world of difference in reducing any tears/spilt ends though, plus its so gentle on the face too! x

15. November 26, 2018 / 10:31 pm

I don’t really come across many self-care/self-love posts but after reading this, I’ve decided I need to! I think it’s so important to take care of ourselves and a good night’s sleep is key. I will definitely be taking inspiration from some of these ideas. Thanks for a lovely read! X

• November 27, 2018 / 12:20 pm

I have plenty! I totally agree with you and am glad this inspired you x

16. November 27, 2018 / 8:30 pm

Ooohh! That looks so comfy! I need a new mattress so bad. I find myself rolling everywhere trying to find a good spot.

• November 27, 2018 / 9:08 pm

It is! Make sure you keep Leesa in mind, I couldn’t recommend them enough! x

17. November 27, 2018 / 8:44 pm

I think when I’ll have my own house I’ll also have no clue what kind of mattress to buy aha, will be phoning my mum! Silk filled duvets sound lovely, I don’t think I’d ever get out of bed! x

G

• November 27, 2018 / 9:18 pm

It’s an absolutely minefield and a lot of terminology that you have to try and figure out haha! They’re wonderful, I’d never actually heard of them before being approached but I’m so glad that I have them x

18. November 27, 2018 / 11:00 pm

I got 100% Egyptian cotton and its just wonderful.

Lola Mia x

19. November 28, 2018 / 10:15 am

I have a Leesa mattress and I love it so much. It’s just so so comfortable!

rhymeandribbons.com

• November 28, 2018 / 6:52 pm

I’m so glad you love yours too! x

20. November 28, 2018 / 9:52 pm

Ooh I’ve never considered silk bedding before. I’d be worried about falling out of bed, hehe! This was a delightful read though – positivity is so important.

• November 29, 2018 / 6:50 pm

Haha I think it would be a worry if everything was silk! I’m so glad you think so x

21. November 28, 2018 / 10:02 pm

I think you had a very good idea. Leesa sleep seems a really good brand….

22. November 29, 2018 / 1:39 pm

Nothing like a new mattress to perk up your energy. My mother bought me a new mattress three months ago and I’ve been sleeping like a new born baby. I like sleeping on silk sheets and pillow cases especially in the winter, makes me feel super warm, cozy and luxurious. You’re right, uping your self-care in various ways does perk your mood and you let go of the negative energy so you don’t pass it on to others.

Natonya | https://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com

• November 29, 2018 / 6:53 pm

I totally agree, I’m glad you’ve been loving your new mattress too! x

23. November 29, 2018 / 11:46 pm

Thanks for an informative post! My boyfriend and I got new pillows a few months ago and it really does make a difference. He has insomnia and every adjustment makes a difference.

• November 30, 2018 / 10:08 am

I’m glad that you’ve seen a difference too! x

24. December 1, 2018 / 10:52 pm

That looks so cosy! I love new / fresh anything when it comes to my bed – sheets, duvets, matresses. I’ve never thought of switching to silk pillow cases or duvets before but I am on the hunt for a new mattress.

• December 2, 2018 / 10:11 pm

It is! Silk bedding is one of the best sleeping changes I’ve made. I hope you find a great new one and don’t forget to keep in mind the Leesa discount code x