Winter Wardrobe Essentials | Faux Fur

Winter Wardrobe Essentials | Faux Fur

A faux fur coat has quickly become one of my Winter wardrobe staples. I don’t really know what there is to dislike about a coat that’s as soft and cosy as a blanket. If that doesn’t win you over though, it’s effortless-to-style nature will. At the beginning of the season, I was sure that a teddy coat (as featured in my October favourites) would be my only staple, but boy was I wrong.

Zara Faux Fur Coat

I’ve only recently added this Zara piece to my coat collection, but it was love at first sight. Only a few weeks on, I’m already debating how many colour ways I can justify owning?

I’m the first to put my hands up and admit to not being bold enough in my fashion choices. I have a penchant for monochrome and anything too ‘out there’ quite frankly, scares me. I’m aware that I need to push myself out of my comfort zone a little more, but the faux fur makes me feel instantly more chic and like I have it all figured out. Since owning this one, there hasn’t been a single day of even being tempted by any of my other coats. It helps that I’ve not as of yet, found one outfit that this doesn’t make a stunning addition to.

Zara Faux Fur Coat

Shop The Look

Zara Faux Fur Coat

1. New Look Faux Fur Short Coat in Grey ASOS 2. Only Faux Fur Cropped Coat ASOS 3. Pink Faux Fur Jacket H&M

• December 27, 2018 / 9:52 pm

They’re gorgeous aren’t they! Thank you x

1. December 27, 2018 / 11:03 pm

This looks so cosy! I got a new faux fur jacket for Christmas and I’m already obsessed. I’ve had it on for a grand total of about an hour to walk the dog and it’s already one of my favourites. The pink one is really cute but I think that might be a little too bold for my inner monochrome lover x

• December 28, 2018 / 10:25 am

It is! They’re lovely aren’t they- haha I know the feeling x

2. December 28, 2018 / 12:43 am

Love the coat, looks so soft and luxurious. The style really suits you! Zara is a lovely brand and one I choose quite often. It’s great when you find a coat you want to wear every day so I’m pleased you’re getting your money’s worth! Enjoyed reading x

Samantha | https://thebeautyspyglass.com

• December 28, 2018 / 10:24 am

Thank you, I love it too! Zara has some absolute gems doesn’t it?x

3. December 28, 2018 / 12:53 am

I love how chic this coat is and since it’s in black it can just about go with every outfit! I haven’t been in Zara for such a long time as nothing has really caught my eye from the window & when I browsed inside but! It looks like they know exactly what’s in style for their coats. A tip/advice on getting ~ out there colored ~ coats would be to start small – like a soft maroon and then kind of go lighter from there instead of jumping full on into bright orange coat if that makes sense 🙂

I have yet to get a faux fur coat but I may just take a look in Zara – it’s usually a mission finding my size in store but I love how effortlessly chic it looks!

Sahara

• December 28, 2018 / 10:26 am

Thank you, I totally agree! That’s a really good tip, at the moment my collection is comprised solely of camel, blacks and greys haha! It’s definitely a gorgeous piece x

4. December 28, 2018 / 1:49 am

So cute! I need to find one for my winter collection, though like you said it is a bold choice.
    Happy New Year
    Loren | plaidandsugar.blogspot.ca

• December 28, 2018 / 10:31 am

Thank you! And to you! x

• December 29, 2018 / 12:43 pm

Thank you, I would too! x

5. December 28, 2018 / 11:53 pm

It looks so warm and cozy! I live in Southern California, it’s not ever very cold here but I’m trying to justify in my head a reason to buy this coat!

• December 29, 2018 / 1:01 pm

It is! I’m jealous of your weather, this coat is super justifiable over in the UK right now! x

6. December 29, 2018 / 4:15 am

I am so in love with your faux fur coat. They’re so comfy and perfect for chilly days. I am the same – how many colors can I justify?! Sometimes, we just need to wiggle a bit in our comfort zone. It takes time and you look great with the coat!

• December 29, 2018 / 1:11 pm

Thank you! I totally agree, I feel like I need them all now. I definitely need to push my own, but that’s what new years are all about isn’t it- new challenges! x

7. Kayleigh Zara
    December 29, 2018 / 11:47 am

Oh my god girl this coat is stunning and suits you so well! I’m really lovely faux fur jackets this year and they’re so warm too x

Kayleigh Zara 💀🥀Www.kayelghzara.com

• December 29, 2018 / 1:12 pm

Aw thank you! I love them too, they’re the closest clothing to blankets I’ve ever found! x

8. Aisha Nwandu
    December 29, 2018 / 6:20 pm

Love this post. I love fur but always feel so uncomfortable wearing them haha but I have to get out of my comfort zone & purchase one!

Website: Aishadaobi.wixsite.com/aishadaobi

9. December 29, 2018 / 6:43 pm

Love the faux fur look in the dark color you are wearing but also in the bold pink.

10. Jane
    December 29, 2018 / 9:43 pm

Love that fur (faux fur specifically now) is making a comeback!

11. December 29, 2018 / 11:02 pm

This inspires me, thank you!!!

12. December 30, 2018 / 3:19 am

It really is so cute! Being in Australia it never really gets THAT cold so I mainly just stick to denim jackets and cardigans, but I may be tempted to branch out and try something like this when I move to Canada… who knows 😛 You look super cute in it though!

• December 30, 2018 / 10:09 pm

Thank you! You’re lucky you have better weather than us, but it’s definitely a good one to keep in mind for Canada! x

• December 30, 2018 / 10:07 pm

13. December 30, 2018 / 4:59 pm

I love this coat, you look really nice in it too <3 I always go for black coats because they just go with everything, but this looks like it would keep you so warm as well especially as it's so cold at the moment!

• December 30, 2018 / 10:19 pm

Thank you! I agree, neutral colours are definitely more versatile- that’s my excuse anyway! x

• December 31, 2018 / 1:54 pm

It really is, thank you thats so sweet! x

14. January 3, 2019 / 3:23 am

That coat really does look super cosy! Wish I could pull it off but I just drown in it aha

• January 3, 2019 / 4:14 pm

It feels it too! Haha they do come up pretty big but I don’t mind that in a coat!