Product Empties | November & December

Product Empties | November & December

The last two months of 2018 passed by in somewhat of a blur. I love to begin the new year with a fresh start and managed to finally finish a few products that had been hanging around in my drawers for a while. Here’s what I thought of them!

Makeup

L’Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation, Vanilla | £7.99

I spoke about my appreciation of the True Match range in my last product empties post. I’m a little less in awe of the liquid foundation than I am of the powder, but it’s still a good, affordable product.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer x2 | £3.99

These have been my holy grail of concealer for a good few years. I use two different shades- one to match my skin tone to hide blemishes and one a little lighter to brighten. These are wonderful for their price point and I’ll continue to repurchase (I already have a stockpile). They’re creamy enough to blend well and to not be too drying, but they also provide crazy coverage.

Product Empties | November & December

Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder | £8.95

I actually purchased around 4 of these when they were being discontinued from the Boots site. I think I paid around £2-£4 per pot and they were definitely worth such small prices. They do what they say on the tin and provide a matte finish, but it’s not as long lasting as others I’ve tried and when using it I tend to have to touch up in the middle of the day.

Hair & Body

got2be Heat Protection | £4.19

This is a really average heat protectant. While from what I can tell, it does the job, it hasn’t improved the health of my hair at all and I wouldn’t be in a rush to repurchase. There aren’t any added benefits to the product, which is what I looked for in its replacement.

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter | £10.00

Contrary to what seems to be popular opinion, I think that the Soap & Glory body butters are a little overpriced. I like them as a product and still have plenty of gifted tubs to get through, but once I have, I’m unsure of how quickly I’ll want to repurchase. Honestly, I tend to prefer ones which leave the skin feeling a little less sticky.

Skincare

No7 Beautiful Skin Overnight Radiance Boost | £15.00

The scent of this is about the best thing going for it. I love serums so was excited to try this one, but unfortunately, it didn’t live up to expectations formed by previous experience with the brand. Although it wasn’t detrimental to my skin, it did nothing to improve it either and I won’t be repurchasing.

EOS Vanilla Mint Lip Balm | £6.50

EOS is one of my favourite lip balm brands. They smell great, hydrate well and I’ve already repurchased.

Product Empties | November & December

Nivea Vanilla & Macadamia Lip Butter | £2.09

Despite my aversions toward lip balms you have to apply with your fingers (for hygiene reasons), I really like this. I dislike the Nivea stick balms so was surprised by how much better their butter formula is. I’ll be repurchasing this one too but will use it solely in the evenings before bed. Bonus points for the tin packaging which I prefer to buy over plastic.

Miscellaneous

BlanX PRO Fresh White Toothpaste | £5.99*

I like this toothpaste and it does what it says on the tin. £5.99 is a little steep for me to be persuaded to repurchase as quite frankly I prefer the Oral B whitening range. I will keep it in mind if I want to switch things up a little though and may repurchase if I happen to come across it on offer.

Product Empties | November & December

TrueVit Pure Biotin Tablets | £13.02

I was a little sceptical before trying these, but if you follow me on Instagram you’ll know I was converted. These have really helped to keep my nails and hair strong and my skin looking healthy. I haven’t yet repurchased and may look into different branding and see if those with slightly lower price points match up.

*  This post contains PR Samples which have been sent to review and give my honest opinion about. I was under no obligation to feature these products. All words, images and opinions about the suitability of the products are my own. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.

1. January 17, 2019 / 6:00 pm

I can never get the right shade in the lasting perfection concealer, they are always too yellow toned for my skin. I love seeing other people’s empties

• January 18, 2019 / 10:32 am

Oh thats such a shame! I have to admit their shade range is super limited but I’ve managed to make them work for me- the light one is lovely as a brightener under the eyes! x

2. January 17, 2019 / 9:20 pm

So glad I read this because I was thinking of purchasing the L’Oreal true match foundation and may just stick to the YSL after reading it.

• January 18, 2019 / 10:19 am

Ah I’m sorry to have put you off! I definitely wouldn’t NOT recommend it but it’s not as good as some of my others. A good one for an everyday look or for over Summer! x

3. January 18, 2019 / 3:25 am

I’m impressed with all your empties! You’ve managed to get through a lot in a couple of months. Biotin is seriously the best though. It works absolute wonders!

Alex| http://www.californiapollution.com/

• January 18, 2019 / 10:41 am

Thank you! I love clearing some out and making room! It is really good isn’t it?! Its done wonders for my nails and hair! x

4. January 18, 2019 / 4:02 am

I’ve heard a lot of good things about the No7 brand but that’s a shame it didn’t do much for you! I love Nivea, I find it to be a great brand but I’ve never seen the lip butter before so I will have to look out for that if they carry it in the stores near me. Thanks for sharing!!

• January 18, 2019 / 10:47 am

I love every other skincare product I’ve tried from them so was disappointed! I’d definitely recommend them if you can get your hands on one- they’re super cheap here! x

5. January 18, 2019 / 9:24 am

These all sound amazing I love Nivea lip butter

6. January 18, 2019 / 9:34 am

I picked up a new collection concealer just yesterday, cannot be without it!
    Lauren xx

• January 18, 2019 / 10:50 am

I’m so glad you love them as much as I do! x

7. January 18, 2019 / 12:30 pm

I’m the same, I love to use up odds and ends that have been hanging around. Strangely satisfying. I’ve repurchased the collection concealer as I agree, its a fab little buy for £3.99 with good coverage and blends nicely. I’m all for hair, skin and nail vitamins and have taken them for years. I’m currently taking Lumity, bit pricey but the results are amazing! x

Samantha | https://thebeautyspyglass.com

• January 18, 2019 / 5:40 pm

Its so satisfying isn’t it?! Ooh I’ll have to look into Lumity- thanks for the recommendation! x

8. January 18, 2019 / 9:49 pm

I have to say that I’m also one of the many fans of the collection concealer! I absolutely love it 🙂

Kayla ♥︎ http://www.kaylajayne.co.uk

• January 19, 2019 / 6:25 pm

They’re just so worth the price aren’t they?! x

9. January 18, 2019 / 10:08 pm

Ahh I love Oral B too and it’s never too pricey either at £2 a tube in most places!! I always wonder if the EOS lip balms are worth it so I’m glad I read this! X

• January 19, 2019 / 6:25 pm

I never use anything else for too long! EOS is one of my favourites- they usually have them in TK Maxx for a few pounds off so worth a look! x

10. January 18, 2019 / 11:16 pm

I’ve heard of powder foundation but never really understood it in a way so to see that you preferred the powder one vs the liquid one is really interesting! I usually use either liquid or stick foundations (when I manage to find my shade haha). WOW the price of the concealer is amazing – usually whenever I go into Sephora some concealers can be the same amount as some foundations!

I haven’t used Soap & Glory before but I have heard great things about them – wasn’t aware they make your skin feel a bit sticky after applying the butter, could swear all we need is soft skin for winter not sticky hahaha

Lip Balm! I swear I keep forgetting to apply mine and my chapped lips are waiting for hydration because of how long I haven’t used mine oops – might need to buy the Nivea lip butter as motivation!

Sahara

• January 19, 2019 / 6:38 pm

To be honest I tend to apply the powder over liquid foundations, I just rate that product slightly higher! It’s definitely a drug-store foundation but is such good quality for the price!
      Haha tell me about it- I know a lot of people love it but I’ve definitely used better ones.
      I have so many laying around so I never forget- at this time of year my lips just can’t afford to not get regular moisture! x

11. January 20, 2019 / 12:07 am

I need to repurchase the collection concealer, it’s such a staple! xx

• January 20, 2019 / 11:08 am

I have so many concealers and always, always come back to it x

12. January 20, 2019 / 7:17 am

I totally agree with you about how THE LAST TWO MONTHS OF 2018 FLEWWWWWWW. Where did the time go? Oooh, I love that the products you use are really nicely priced. Goes to show that you don’t need designer brands to get the job done. I have the EOS Vanilla Mint Lip Balm too! They’re really nice to use (next to Burt’s Bees). Even though the good toothpastes are a bit pricier, at least you get some added benefits from it! I feel the same about my charcoal toothpaste but it does wonders. TOTALLY WORTH! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your recent faves!!!

• January 20, 2019 / 11:31 am

It was crazy wasn’t it!? I’m so glad you like the EOS too- they’re one of my go-to lip products! I love using charcoal in skincare so I’ll have to look into it with regards to dental products- thanks for the recommendation! x

13. Kim
    January 20, 2019 / 9:34 am

Great post! I also think Soap & Glory is a bit on the expensive side, but I do love their body butters. I normally get a truckload for Christmas in gift sets, thankfully ?

Kim | https://www.ukwordgirl.com

• January 20, 2019 / 7:32 pm

Thank you! I just rate other ones I’ve tried slightly more highly. Haha I do too! x

• January 20, 2019 / 7:37 pm

It’s such a fantastic staple isn’t it? Thank you! x

14. January 20, 2019 / 9:45 am

I love the collection concealer, it’s such great value for money and is amazing quality. Great post

• January 20, 2019 / 7:42 pm

I’m so glad you agree! Thank you x

15. January 20, 2019 / 10:10 am

I used to love the Collection Lasting Perfection and had a stockpile myself but I always use my Revolution Conceal and Define now, it’s very rare I reach for my Collection one! I’m not overly keen on the True Match foundation either, I think it’s an average product nothing to shout about really so once I’ve used mine up I doubt I’ll repurchase!

• January 20, 2019 / 7:45 pm

Ooh I’ve not tried that one yet so will definitely have to check it out! I’m glad you feel the same, there’s nothing bad about it, it just hasn’t made my favourites list!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

16. January 20, 2019 / 2:26 pm

Great selection of products! Weirdly enough, I never got along with the Collection concealer! I found it soooo heavy on my skin :O I need to try the true match range out I think 🙂

Laura / https://www.laustworld.com

• January 20, 2019 / 7:49 pm

Oh that’s a shame, I know what you mean- it is very full coverage but I need that in a concealer! x

17. January 20, 2019 / 3:20 pm

Love this! I’m obsessed with my righteous butter right now. I’m using it as part of my Useitup project this year but I ain’t mad about that!
    I also need a new concealer – I’m gonna give the collection one a go ?

• January 20, 2019 / 7:51 pm

I’m trying to use up my products too- good luck with getting through them! I’d highly recommend it! x

18. Gemma
    January 20, 2019 / 3:34 pm

Woow what a range of empties here! Some really good ones and it’s perfect timing for starting new products in the new year. I’m pretty impressed on how many products you’ve gone through! Especially in only two months.

Gemma | http://www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

• January 20, 2019 / 8:00 pm

I totally agree, I’ve been trying to use up products recently and clear some space! Some of these I’ve been using on and off for a while so don’t be too impressed haha! x

19. January 20, 2019 / 3:50 pm

I really wanted to like the Collection concealers because they’re so hyped, not to mention affordable, but I find it so drying to use as a concealer. Works well as an eye primer though! I totally agree with pot/ stick lip balms. I usually carry a stick in my bag but I’m willing to use a pot as my bedtime one. The Nivea one sounds lovely! x

• January 20, 2019 / 8:16 pm

I know what you mean by drying, my skin hasn’t ever found it a problem but I can imagine that it could some people! I really like the Nivea one, definitely worth picking up if you come across it! x

• January 20, 2019 / 8:26 pm

Thank you I’ll definitely have to try it! x

20. January 21, 2019 / 10:22 am

I used to absolutely love the loreal foundation, and since going cruelty-free I miss it loads!

• January 21, 2019 / 5:59 pm

Oh it’s such a shame that they’re not CF! x

21. January 21, 2019 / 12:03 pm

I used to love the Collection concealers, they were the first concealers from the drugstore that I fell in love with. There is nothing more satisfying than finishing a product haha! Such a great post x

New Lune | http://new-lune.com

• January 21, 2019 / 6:20 pm

They’re such a staple in my beauty drawers! Haha I completely agree! x

22. January 21, 2019 / 12:51 pm

I love these product empties posts, it is always worth knowing what items you think are worth repurchasing. I like the sound of the Nivea Lip Butter, it sounds like a handy product to have and it is so affordable too. I’ve always wondered if vitamin tablets were worth buying, it’s great you have noticed such positive benefits for your hair, skin and nails, I’d be interested to know if a cheaper brand worked just as well. Thanks for sharing your honest thoughts Soph! Fab post as always <3 xx

• January 21, 2019 / 6:25 pm

Thank you, I agree! It’s a really good butter! I’ll definitely be trying out other supplements so I’ll make sure to keep you posted! Thank you! x

23. January 21, 2019 / 4:38 pm

I’ve yet to find myself a powder that works well for me, and I’m gutted to see that the one you love is discontinued! I’m going to use up the one I have just now, but I’m still on the hunt for one that works better for when I’ve finished that! I like the True Match liquid foundation, however I haven’t used it in awhile since I bought that 7 products for £56 on the Tarte website and got their hydrating Shape Tape foundation ? Great post, Soph! I love empties posts and videos – I’m so nosey!

Beka | http://www.bekadaisies.com

• January 21, 2019 / 6:32 pm

I mentioned the L’Oreal True Match powder foundation in my last product empties post and it’s one of my favourites. Ooh I really want to try the Tape Shape but I’ve not been anywhere to colour match it yet! Thank you lovely x

24. January 21, 2019 / 6:23 pm

You’ve got some great products here. The EOS lip balm was my go-to until I started purchasing a locally made beeswax lip balm. However, any time that I’m not able to get my hands on theirs quickly enough when I need it, EOS is my faithful fall back!
    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca

• January 21, 2019 / 6:38 pm

I’m glad you think so! Ooh I’m all for supporting local and small businesses so that balm sounds wonderful x

25. January 21, 2019 / 6:31 pm

I really want to try the True Match foundation. I’ve heard lots of good things about it. I wish I USED more products to actually get through them but I literally use maybe 2 or 3 (not including make up!) Although I need to get through more lip balm at the moment as this weather has made my lips awful! Great post <3

Jenny

• January 21, 2019 / 7:01 pm

Its a good everyday product and super affordable so worth a try! Aw I have so much that it’s nice to get through it. I’ve been using so much lip product recently too! x

26. January 21, 2019 / 8:55 pm

Love a good empties! I love the collection concealer too (doesn’t everyone!?) it’s great. I also agree about the Soap & Glory body butters – they are good but I prefer others for the price x

• January 21, 2019 / 9:48 pm

It’s brilliant isn’t it. I’m so glad you agree- so many people seem to think they’re the best thing since sliced bread! x

27. January 22, 2019 / 12:19 am

You’ve used up so many fab products! I love the shade range of that L’Oreal foundation, for a drugstore brand there are so many! I’m not too keen on the finish though as it always tends to show my dry patches xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

28. January 22, 2019 / 3:02 am

Definitely need to pick up more lip balms x

29. January 22, 2019 / 3:35 am

Nice products! I’ve heard so much about Biotin tablet, I think I have to check out also which brand is the best.

30. January 27, 2019 / 6:01 pm

I really love the Collection Concealer, it’s amazing especially now they have even paler shades xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

• January 27, 2019 / 6:25 pm

I totally agree, it’s still not the best shade range but for the price and as a general highlight I won’t complain! x

31. February 7, 2019 / 9:22 am

Oh wow so many empties! I really love the Collection concealer, it’s one of my favourites and has been for years now xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

• February 7, 2019 / 12:27 pm

So many haha! Its such an affordable staple isn’t it! x