All Topics, Beauty

Makeup Staples | The Best Nude Lipsticks For Every Budget

Nude Lipstick Staples

Nude lipsticks are key players in any makeup collection. They can perfectly complete any look, from understated and minimal to full on Kardashian. I heavily rely on nude lipsticks and they’re definitely the tone I tend to wear the most. Despite having a rather large collection, the following five are the select few which I reach for over and over again. All of the following score strongly when considering formula, shade and longevity (I’m also a sucker for cute packaging).

Nude Lipstick Staples

The High End

NARS ‘Anna’ | £26.00

Part of the Audacious Lipstick range designed both to stay put and feel hydrating, Anna is technically a ‘Dusty Mauve’. The versatility of the shade and its ease of wear has me hooked, but admittedly it’s price point sees me reaching for it sparingly. Not wearing it on a daily basis only adds to its exclusive feel though, and it’s very well loved regardless. This one has possibly my favourite lipstick packaging. Although it’s very basic in aesthetic, it’s lid and base are magnetic so always snap satisfyingly in place on closure.

MAC ‘Velvet Teddy’ | £17.50

Velvet Teddy is a classic shade so its best selling status comes as no surprise. It’s described as a deep-tone beige so is on the darker side of the nudes but is still very flattering. Considering its matte finish, it’s not overly drying so makes for a great every day look. I’ve also found it a perfect grab and go shade as it’s neutral enough never to clash with other colours.

Charlotte Tilbury ‘Pillow Talk’ | £24.00

After only recently featuring this in my general beauty staples from last year, my love of this isn’t news. In fact, it’s general popularity is hardly shocking either. Pillow Talk is the perfect nude-pink for a your lips but better kind of look and paired with its sister liner, it stays put. I’d also give this bonus points for incredibly beautiful packaging, even when it’s finished I’m likely to keep and use it as an Instagram prop.

Nude Lipstick Staples

The High Street

Rimmel London ‘Kate 45’ | £5.49

A pink-tone, failsafe nude, this one is buildable so one coat gives a pretty sheen and two gives a block of colour. You can’t argue with the price or the shade but the formula is a little hit and miss. This works perfectly on well-moisturised lips but if yours are going through a dry patch then don’t bother with it. Over summer when my lips are fairly unproblematic, this is the nude that I chuck in my bag and wear to death.

Revlon ‘Forever’ | £8.99

This is without a doubt one of the best high street lip products I’ve owned. The doe foot applicator is of good quality and allows for an easy and flawless application. It’s one of the least drying liquid lipsticks I’ve tried and has a gel formula which makes it perfect for comfortable and continuous wear. It’s undoubtedly worth its standalone price tag but I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve repurchased this and have always taken advantage of a 3 for 2 or similar offer.

I’d love to know if anyone else has tried and loved any of these as much as I do?

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply Clare

I have velvet teddy and love it! The Nars Anna looks gorgeous! Great post 🙂 Clare xx | https://www.clayaa.com

March 14, 2019 at 6:15 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s gorgeous isn’t it? I’m glad you like the look of it x

March 14, 2019 at 9:43 pm
  • Reply Dasynka

I love so much the nude lipsticks, I wear them everyday and expecially this Revlon has an amazing color!
    xx Dasynka

March 14, 2019 at 6:20 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I wear them most days too- I adore the Revlon one x

March 14, 2019 at 9:39 pm
  • Reply Jazmin

You can’t go wrong with Mac Velvet Teddy can you?! I love the look of that Nars one too. I might have to put in a little order! I love the brand Nars – I only own a few bits at the min but I definitely want more. I also might pick up that Revlon one – I may as well at that price! Xx

March 14, 2019 at 6:28 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I agree! Haha I’d totally recommend both of them- I always have my eyes on more NARS too haha x

March 14, 2019 at 9:47 pm
  • Reply Lisa

I have the CT Pillow Talk too, I succumbed to all the hype. After the initial burst of love, I have to say I’ve been a little disappointed, it makes me look completely washed out. It suits Flora (blonde, blue eyed) but as she’s only 9, she won’t be wearing it out, haha. My perfect nude is Bare Minerals in Mantra. It’s more of a mauvey-pink and goes much better with my frizzy brown hair and red gardener’s cheeks! 🙂 Fab review though, Sophie, and yes to keeping the CT lippie as an Insta prop!

Lisa x

March 14, 2019 at 6:36 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Oh that’s such a shame. I have to admit, because its one of my more expensive ones I only ever really wear it with a full face of makeup so haven’t had the same issue yet! Ooh I’ll definitely have to check out the Bare Minerals one, thanks for the recommendation Lisa! x

March 14, 2019 at 9:36 pm
  • Reply Becca

Pillow Talk is one of my favourites ever 😍 much prefer liquid lipsticks to make them long lasting though! Think I’ll have to try out the Revlon one!

March 14, 2019 at 6:45 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s gorgeous isn’t it!? I find liquid lipsticks so much more effective too, the Revlon one is amazing and so creamy for a liquid! x

March 14, 2019 at 9:48 pm
  • Reply Emma

I love all these shades, the revlon one is so reasonable and looks so creamy and dreamy however the one that is always on my wish list is the Charlotte Tilbury ‘Pillow Talk’

Great post

March 14, 2019 at 8:36 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

They’re all so pretty aren’t they? I’d definitely recommend them both! x

March 14, 2019 at 9:31 pm
  • Reply Amie Cadwallader

Make Up Revolution do some gorgeous liquid lipsticks! THey’re amazing on the lips!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

March 14, 2019 at 9:20 pm
  • Reply V.

I am sooo tempted by the Pillow talk from CT. I have never tried anything from her but I see it all over the social media and I just want her stuff in my collection. However, I hardly ever spend more than a tenner on lipsticks… at the same time, i am sure it is worth it. And I am defo gonna give a try the one from Revlon. I never really considered this brand to have decent lip products 🙈 I personally love the Les Chocolats nude lipsticks from L’oreal

March 15, 2019 at 12:58 am
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s really gorgeous in pretty much every way. I know how you feel- it’s definitely an investment but I got this in one of the Cult Beauty deals and tend to only buy such expensive ones on deals or special occasions. I’d say this one is definitely worth the investment. The Revlon is amazing, definitely pick it up if you get the chance! Ooh I’ve not tried those yet so thanks for the recommendation! x

March 16, 2019 at 10:55 am
  • Reply Laura

I always have a problem finding the right lipstick shade, these all look so pretty though! 🙂

March 15, 2019 at 1:09 am
  • Reply Jen

You just can’t go wrong with nars! With nude colours, if my lips are a bit dry it’s really noticeable! Can you recommend any lip moisturising products for a base because I have found that nothing really works for me.

I’ve never purchased any tilbury products, but think i’ll give the lippy a go, it’s a really pretty colour! Thanks for the review.

March 15, 2019 at 12:09 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I totally agree. I tend to use Burts Bees because they’re moisturising but still stay relatively matte. I love any Charlotte Tilbury and Pillow Talk is definitely no exception! x

March 17, 2019 at 9:51 am
      • Reply Jen

Burts bees it is then! Thanks. x

March 17, 2019 at 10:00 am
  • Reply Danielle

So excited to try these!

March 15, 2019 at 2:17 pm
  • Reply SundayDahlias

MACs velvet teddy is an absolute fav of mine! It’s the perfect nude shade 💛

March 15, 2019 at 4:52 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s such a cult classic isn’t it? x

March 17, 2019 at 5:56 pm
  • Reply Leah

These all sound amazing, making me want to spend

March 15, 2019 at 9:49 pm
  • Reply Danielle Alexa

These are all absolutely stunning shades, I would wear them all!

Danielle xx

March 16, 2019 at 9:11 am
  • Reply Becca

I reaaaally want to try Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk – it really looks like the perfect shade!!

Becca x

March 16, 2019 at 10:58 am
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s honestly so beautiful, definitely worth the investment! x

March 16, 2019 at 11:00 am