All Topics, Beauty

Makeup Staples | The Best Nude Lipsticks For Every Budget

Nude Lipstick Staples

Nude lipsticks are key players in any makeup collection. They can perfectly complete any look, from understated and minimal to full on Kardashian. I heavily rely on nude lipsticks and they’re definitely the tone I tend to wear the most. Despite having a rather large collection, the following five are the select few which I reach for over and over again. All of the following score strongly when considering formula, shade and longevity (I’m also a sucker for cute packaging).

Nude Lipstick Staples

The High End

NARS ‘Anna’ | £26.00

Part of the Audacious Lipstick range designed both to stay put and feel hydrating, Anna is technically a ‘Dusty Mauve’. The versatility of the shade and its ease of wear has me hooked, but admittedly it’s price point sees me reaching for it sparingly. Not wearing it on a daily basis only adds to its exclusive feel though, and it’s very well loved regardless. This one has possibly my favourite lipstick packaging. Although it’s very basic in aesthetic, it’s lid and base are magnetic so always snap satisfyingly in place on closure.

MAC ‘Velvet Teddy’ | £17.50

Velvet Teddy is a classic shade so its best selling status comes as no surprise. It’s described as a deep-tone beige so is on the darker side of the nudes but is still very flattering. Considering its matte finish, it’s not overly drying so makes for a great every day look. I’ve also found it a perfect grab and go shade as it’s neutral enough never to clash with other colours.

Charlotte Tilbury ‘Pillow Talk’ | £24.00

After only recently featuring this in my general beauty staples from last year, my love of this isn’t news. In fact, it’s general popularity is hardly shocking either. Pillow Talk is the perfect nude-pink for a your lips but better kind of look and paired with its sister liner, it stays put. I’d also give this bonus points for incredibly beautiful packaging, even when it’s finished I’m likely to keep and use it as an Instagram prop.

Nude Lipstick Staples

The High Street

Rimmel London ‘Kate 45’ | £5.49

A pink-tone, failsafe nude, this one is buildable so one coat gives a pretty sheen and two gives a block of colour. You can’t argue with the price or the shade but the formula is a little hit and miss. This works perfectly on well-moisturised lips but if yours are going through a dry patch then don’t bother with it. Over summer when my lips are fairly unproblematic, this is the nude that I chuck in my bag and wear to death.

Revlon ‘Forever’ | £8.99

This is without a doubt one of the best high street lip products I’ve owned. The doe foot applicator is of good quality and allows for an easy and flawless application. It’s one of the least drying liquid lipsticks I’ve tried and has a gel formula which makes it perfect for comfortable and continuous wear. It’s undoubtedly worth its standalone price tag but I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve repurchased this and have always taken advantage of a 3 for 2 or similar offer.

I’d love to know if anyone else has tried and loved any of these as much as I do?

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply Nancy

Oooh, I should procure a nude lipstick! I really like MAC’s lipsticks. Though, I’ve heard great things about NARS too. I love how rich it looks. Thanks for sharing some of these suggestions!

March 17, 2019 at 5:37 am
    • Reply sophhearts

Definitely! I love both brands, I hope you found them helpful x

March 17, 2019 at 9:31 am
  • Reply Annie

I really want to invest in a nice lipstick. The fact that I don’t have a great quality one is the reason I don’t wear lipstick as much I want to. I’ll definitely look into the ones you mentioned. All those shades are so nice!

March 17, 2019 at 9:41 am
    • Reply sophhearts

A good high end lipstick will change your life! I hope you find these recommendations helpful x

March 17, 2019 at 5:53 pm
  • Reply Ashleigh

Who doesn’t love a good nude lipstick? I love all of these shades, especially the Charlotte Tilbury one! X

Ashleigh | https://ashleighwrites.co.uk

March 17, 2019 at 9:43 am
    • Reply sophhearts

They’re such a staple aren’t they?! Pillow Talk is such a cult classic x

March 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm
  • Reply Sophie Wentworth

I’m always on the hunt for a nude I actually like! I usually hate the way they look against my pale skin and currently only own one. True nudes definitely aren’t for me, I tend to favour ones that have more of a pinkish or even slightly brown tone to them. The Kate shade looks really pretty but I can’t stand the smell of Rimmel lipsticks! Great selection here x

March 17, 2019 at 10:28 am
    • Reply sophhearts

I know what you mean- I’m naturally pretty pale and they do look much nicer on me when I fake tan or bronze up, otherwise I can look washed out. I completely relate which is why I featured shades like the NARS which isn’t your typical nude! Oh what a shame, I’ve never noticed their scent to be honest x

March 17, 2019 at 6:07 pm
  • Reply Lauren-J Cole

Velvet Teddy, Pillow Talk and the Rimmel Kate lipsticks are all staples in my makeup bag! Loved this post! 🙂 Xx

Lauren | laurenjcole.wordpress.com

March 17, 2019 at 10:56 am
    • Reply sophhearts

I’m so glad you love so many of the same ones I do! Thank you x

March 17, 2019 at 8:28 pm
  • Reply Lucy Earnshaw

I love the Rimmel one too! My fave nude lipsticks are the Olivia Palermo ones that Ciate made they last forever!

March 17, 2019 at 12:33 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Its gorgeous isn’t it?! Ooh thank you for the recommendation I’ve not tried those! x

March 17, 2019 at 8:33 pm
  • Reply Via Singh

I just love lipsticks and it is my favorite makeup item. Loved all your picks. I have Anna and it is so beautiful, Velvet teddy is lovely but it looks a bit lighter on my skin tone (for my liking hehe) That Revlon one is so darn pretty I will have to get it sooner. 🙂 Lovely pictures

Via | http://glossnglitters.com

March 17, 2019 at 12:37 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I love them too! Thank you, I’m so glad you like the two you’ve tried and I’d definitely recommend the Revlon! Thank you x

March 17, 2019 at 8:37 pm
  • Reply Rachael Stray

I love a nude lip so versatile! I really like the Rimmel Kate lipsticks I’ve got a few and they are so lovely on.

March 17, 2019 at 1:36 pm
  • Reply Melanie Daffin

My favourite nude lipsticks right now are by Morphe and ABH! I love the formulas from both but I also adore the NYX Lip Lingerie formula x

Melanie || melaniewithanie.com

March 17, 2019 at 3:02 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I love Morphe and NYX formulas but don’t have nudes in either- will definitely have to have another look at the shade ranges, thanks for the recommendations! x

March 17, 2019 at 8:43 pm
  • Reply melissa major

These all look like amazing nude lipsticks, I really want to get the Nars lipstick and the Charlotte tilbury pillow talk lipstick( been meaning to get this lipstick for ages haha!)

Mel 🌙 | Moonlight Mel

March 17, 2019 at 5:54 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

They are! Looks like you have expensive taste too haha. I love them both x

March 17, 2019 at 8:47 pm
  • Reply Ellie Phillips

I’ve heard such good things about the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick and the Revlon one. I’ve not tried Nars or any Rimmel lipsticks and i really think MAC is overrated!

March 17, 2019 at 6:13 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

They’re both amazing! It’s a shame you think MAC is overrated- I only have a few shades but I really love their formulas and I love their recycling scheme x

March 17, 2019 at 8:50 pm
  • Reply Kyra

I’ve been wanting to try velvet teddy or pillow talk for ages now, they seem like the perfect shades!
    -Kyra || lovekyra.co.uk

March 17, 2019 at 6:16 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

They’re both absolutely beautiful! x

March 18, 2019 at 12:26 pm
  • Reply Paige

Lovely post! I’ve been wanting to get CT’s “Pillow Talk” for ages now! I think I might have to invest! 🙂

March 17, 2019 at 8:21 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Thank you! I’d definitely recommend it x

March 18, 2019 at 12:29 pm
  • Reply Aaliyah

I love wearing nude lipstick, I find it such a flattering shade. I usually find it hard to find the right shade for me but I like more pinky nudes, the Nars Anna lipstick is such a gorgeous shade! The revlon liquid lipstick is also a really nice colour, Great Post x

March 17, 2019 at 8:21 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I do as well, they’re definitely more effortless than most other shades too! Thanks lovely, I’m glad you liked it x

March 18, 2019 at 1:23 pm
  • Reply Sophie

I am a nude lipstick junkie and these are all stunning! I already own Velvet Teddy and Pillow Talk and I pretty much alternate between the two for everyday looks, they’re definitely a staple piece for any makeup bag!

Love, Soph x

March 17, 2019 at 8:32 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I’m so glad you think so! I completely agree, they’re both gorgeous and so easy to wear aren’t they? x

March 18, 2019 at 1:35 pm