All Topics, Style

The Casual Shirt Dress | A Spring Style Edit

The weather in the UK recently has done a great job of confirming that it is, in fact, spring. The sun has been out quite consistently and whilst some days are colder than others, I’ve definitely been reaching for fewer layers. The casual shirt dress is a style I love to wear throughout spring: it’s versatile and looks put together without requiring much effort at all. Recently, ELVI kindly allowed me to choose two items from their spring collection and these are my picks:

ELINE Shirt Dress With Tassle | £45

It’s spring and yes, I’m still (sometimes) in black. Although the sun has graced us most days, the breeze can still carry quite a chill throughout spring. On colder days I’ve paired this with thicker, black tights but it looks great with skin coloured tights, or none at all if your blood is a little warmer than mine. The tie-up waist detail is super flattering and the tassle which adorns it is detachable so it can be worn two ways.

Denim is such an effortless look. This dress gives off spring vibes but the long sleeves and relatively thick fabric account for the breeze. Although this one is a little less versatile in the colder weather, the sleeves don’t look out of place rolled up, so it will carry through to a summer wardrobe nicely. So far I’ve only worn it around town, but I think it’s the perfect piece for evening strolls along the beach, when it becomes warm enough that is!

Each of these dresses are perfect ‘grab and go’ wardrobe staples. They require very minimum effort, look good and work with so many different shoe options too. For 20% off the ELVI website, use code ‘SOPH20’ at checkout.

*  This post contains PR Samples however I was under no obligation to feature. All words, images and opinions about the suitability of the product are 100% honest and my own. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply Lisa

I don’t think I’ve ever worn a shirt dress and I have no idea why because they are clearly super versatile. Of the two you’re modelling so beautifully I think I prefer the black one – you could dress this up for work or down at the weekend, or even for a dinner date. I’m not familiar with ELVI but I’ll be heading over for a browse shortly, thank you for the introduction, Soph! x

April 4, 2019 at 5:21 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Sometimes it can be difficult finding the perfect fit, but once you have one they’re just the easiest thing to wear and style! I hope you spot some things you like- their spring collection is lovely! x

April 5, 2019 at 4:24 pm
  • Reply Lupe Hernandez

I dont think I have a shirt dress. I really like them, they are so casual and can be worn with sneakers, heels, boots. You look so good in it x

April 4, 2019 at 5:25 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

They’re so versatile aren’t they?! Thank you so much! x

April 5, 2019 at 9:05 pm
  • Reply Jazmin

I absolutely love that denim one! It’s perfect for the transitioning weather! You look beautiful as always xx

April 4, 2019 at 5:27 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s cute isn’t’ it?! I totally agree, aw thank you so much! x

April 5, 2019 at 4:20 pm
  • Reply Jenny

I love ELVI! I was kindly sent two pieces from their Winter range and I loved them. I love these shirt dresses though – especially the blue one! I might have to invest in something like this this year for Spring/Summer! <3

Jenny

April 4, 2019 at 5:28 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

They have some gorgeous things don’t they and I love the quality of their clothing! x

April 5, 2019 at 4:53 pm
  • Reply Irena BookDustMagic

They look so good on you!
    I would probably combine them with black leggings because I like to hide my calves, but you made it look so good and simple!

April 4, 2019 at 5:31 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Thanks so much! They work well with black tights so I think that would work too! x

April 5, 2019 at 9:07 pm
  • Reply Lanae Bond

The weather in North Carolina has been all over the place. Some days it feels like winter and other days feel like spring! I can’t wait until it finally feels like spring is here. I love the dresses you featured because they make great wardrobe staples.

April 4, 2019 at 5:47 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s exactly the same here- I just want the sun! Thank you, I think so too x

April 5, 2019 at 9:04 pm
  • Reply Marta

I love shirt dresses. I have a jeans one that I bought when I was pregnant with my son and I still wear it. So cozy.

April 4, 2019 at 6:01 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

They’re so comfy and easy to wear aren’t they?! x

April 5, 2019 at 7:14 pm
  • Reply Rebecca

I love this style of dress at the moment! You look great 🙂 x

Rebecca | thediaryofrebecca.com

April 4, 2019 at 8:39 pm
  • Reply Anika May

I love this dress, it’s the perfect length and style!

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

April 5, 2019 at 1:13 pm
  • Reply Dasynka

I love so much the shirt dress and how you styled them!
    xx Dasynka

April 5, 2019 at 2:53 pm
  • Reply Aaliyah

Those dresses are so cute! I love the black one and it looks like you could dress it up for more of an evening look with heels as well! X

April 5, 2019 at 8:28 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Thank you, I think so too! Yeah you definitely could- it’s so versatile! x

April 5, 2019 at 9:10 pm
  • Reply Alice

These are both such lovely dresses and look amazing on you (as always)! I absolutely love this style but unfortunately they’ve just never suited my figure as I’ve always been a bit more on the curvy side and they just tend to accentuate all the wrong parts of me haha! You remind me of Holly Willoughby in the denim one!
    Alice Xx

April 5, 2019 at 8:37 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Thank you so much! Oh that’s a shame, the tie waist on these ones is actually super flattering but I know how you feel- I avoid certain styles too! x

April 5, 2019 at 9:14 pm
  • Reply Daisy

Pretty lady!! I love the idea of a shirt dress and actually wore one for the first time last year but couldn’t wear for long because I still struggle a lot with my image! I do want to try again this Spring and these dresses are definitely giving me the push!

Daisy xoxo | TheDeeWhoLived

April 5, 2019 at 8:50 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Thank you! These ones with the waist tie are so flattering- I’m sure you’d look gorgeous! x

April 5, 2019 at 9:32 pm
  • Reply Amie Cadwallader

Oooh those outfits are absolutely gorgeous!

Love, Amie ❤

The Curvaceous Vegan

April 5, 2019 at 9:01 pm
  • Reply Sophie Wentworth

Meanwhile, it was snowing in the north yesterday….🤷‍♀️. I don’t know where our spring is, but I’d really like the option of not wearing a coat soon. I love the denim dress! I used to have a really similar one and it was a great one for just throwing on and effortlessly stylish. Love these looks x

April 5, 2019 at 9:50 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Oh my goodness it’s crazy weather! I feel the same way about this one- you can just chuck it on and feel instantly put together which is great! Thank you x

April 6, 2019 at 9:25 am