Last year I had the pleasure of discovering a whole host of new (to me) beauty products. With so many oh-so-average products on the market, it can be difficult to narrow down the ones really worth spending your money on, so I’m here to lend a helping hand. The following list hosts the best of the best of my discoveries, and those which have become infallible staples.
- Kate Loves’ pick is Christmas Dreams 5 Piece Brush Set by Too Faced
- Modish Rambling’s pick is Vented Hair Brush by Phillip Kingsley
- Soph Isobel’s pick is Full Fat Lashes Mascara by Charlotte Tilbury
- Beauty Obsessed’s pick is The Saharan Palette by Juvia’s Place
- What Lexie Loves’ pick is Sheer Glow Foundation by NARS
- Marina Writes Life’s pick is Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette by Urban Decay
- Being Chloe’s pick is Gingerbread Spice Eyeshadow Palette by Too Faced
- Beth Louise’s pick is The New Nude Eye Shadow Palette by Huda Beauty
- Concepts by S’ pick is Moonlit Perle Glow Powder by Chantecaille
- Multibendybeauty’s pick is Amethyst Obsessions Palette by Huda Beauty
- The Beauty Spyglass’ pick is Filmstar Bronze & Glow by Charlotte Tilbury
- Black Tulip’s pick is Origin 42 Colour Eyeshadow Palette by Beauty Bay
- Foundations and Fairytales pick is All Nighter Setting Spray by Urban Decay
- Glow Steady’s pick is Makeup Tote Zoe Bag by ZOEVA
- My own pick is Mini Hollywood Liquid Lipstick Charms (Too Bad I’m Bad & Showgirl) by Charlotte Tilbury
The beauty advent industry has become so competitive that it’s becoming more and more difficult to decide which calendar to choose for yourself. The notorious Marks & Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar typically sells out quicker than you can say ‘Santa! I know him!’, so on its release, I was first in line. Advent is almost over but I may have opened my doors a little early this year so that I could try out the products throughout December. The following are the best of the bunch, and the ones I’ll be repurchasing.
It can’t be a bad thing that so many beauty brands are offering such a wide range of amazing products. It does however, make life a little more difficult for those on the hunt for the perfect gift for the beauty lover in their life. Just ask my partner, who now requests my own comprehensive wishlist before even considering tackling any beauty halls, or even the local Boots.
Who better to ask for gifting advice from than a whole team of beauty bloggers? I’ve teamed up with some of my favourites to give you an idea about whats at the top of our own Christmas lists, so if you’re looking for beauty gifting inspiration, then look no further!
Gifts for the Beauty Lover
Which of these products will be making your own Christmas wishlist? Let me know in the comments if you have your eye on any other products and we can keep the inspiration going!
If this post wasn’t enough inspiration for you, then check out last years compilation too- most features of which are pretty timeless!
I only recently wrote my first ever Product Empties post and I’m not quite sure how I’ve managed to get through enough products to already be writing another one. It seems that sometimes everything just decides to give up the ghost at the same time and the last couple of weeks have definitely been an example. I guess it’s pretty lucky that I keep plenty of beauty backups for this exact reason, eh? The following are the products I’ve used up over the last couple of months and what I think of each.
I’ve always had a love of skincare and have been wanting to share my whole routine for a while now. Despite sharing snippets of products via reviews or over on Instagram, there’s something so satisfying about being content in a whole routine. Finding products that work individually as well as successfully complimenting each other is something that takes time, but I’m confident that I’ve managed it. My morning routine is simpler than it’s evening counterpart as I tend to be more limited on time, so I felt it fitting to share first.
Ever since my high-school days, I’ve been on a seemingly never-ending mission to make my teeth as white as possible. There’s something about getting four teeth removed to then endure the emotional and physical pain of having braces that made me desperate to emphasise my new smile. Over the years, I’ve tried what feels like hundreds of dental products, from tooth whitening gel to a toothbrush that cost more than my Mulberry purse. After much trial and error, I feel as though I finally have a dental routine which really works.
I’ve never had a problem sticking to a typical skincare routine. I religiously follow one and even on the latest of nights I follow a simplified version of it to avoid blemishes or problems with my skin. What I’m not so good at, is remembering to use additional beauty products. A couple of months ago I figured that in order to tackle this, I should incorporate a second step to my evening beauty routine, involving all of those products I tend to forget. The following is a list of things that I make sure to keep in my bedside table so that they’re handy and ready to use right before bed.