All Topics, Beauty

Floracil: Gatineau’s Best Selling Solution To Stubborn Eye Makeup

Floracil Eye Makeup

After endless demands from skincare lovers, Floracil has ended a three-year hiatus to grace our lashes once again. From this month it’s available nationwide. I was lucky enough to be one of the first to bag one and it’s a product I’d definitely recommend.

Removing Eye Makeup

In an attempt to reduce waste I switched to using The Original Makeup Eraser and its Primark dupe over a year ago. Despite being incredibly effective in terms of removing standard mascara, I’ve long since learnt not to use it to tackle anything waterproof. Although it will eventually work, it requires a much more aggressive hand and has resulted in a few lost eyelashes. Dark circles are something I’ve accepted as hereditary. For that reason, I avoid other under eye issues by being as gentle as possible.

Floracil by Gatineau | £22 (200ml)

I’ve never gotten on with stand-alone eye makeup removers, preferring wipes as a less faffy alternative for stubborn makeup. However, after hearing that Floracil was once Gatineau’s best selling product of all time, my curiosity got the better of me. The product reminds me of an oil-free version of Clinique’s Take The Day Off.

What really sets it apart from the crowd is that it’s been formulated with the same pH as our tears. I don’t know about you but I find that pretty incredible attention to detail. This explains how such an effective product is simultaneously gentle enough to avoid stinging, irritation or puffiness. I’m a not-so-proud contact lens wearer and hay-fever sufferer which justifies my critical opinion on eye makeup removers generally. I can without a doubt say that this is the best I’ve ever used. I no longer have to reach for an oily cleansing balm every single time I want to remove waterproof eye makeup (which is much more often now that I’m regularly visiting the gym). Although I love balms like Emma Hardie’s, they’re typically too expensive to be using often and purely because I have no other way of removing stubborn mascara. Gently wiping Floracil across the eyes allows it to work by effortlessly melting away makeup and impurities. And it is effortless.

Floracil contains algae extract which claims to treat dark circles and stimulate micro-circulation. As someone with circles so dark that without concealer people ask if I’m ill- I regret to report that I’ve seen no noticeable improvement to my own. On a more positive note, the chamomile and cornflower do work to soothe the delicate eye area as promised.

Gatineau Eye Makeup

Final Thoughts

Every single aspect of the product justifies its status as luxury skincare. Its effectiveness is impressive but it’s the ease and experience of use which has converted me. Mine is from QVC which is double the ml of that sold by Gatineau (for less than double the price). A little of this goes a very long way so I have a feeling this will last a good while, but right now I have no doubts that I’ll be repurchasing when necessary.

*  This post contains a PR Sample which has been sent for me to review and give my honest opinion about. I was under no obligation to feature. All words, images and opinions about the suitability of the product are my own. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply Jenny in Neverland

I’ve honestly never heard of this product before but clearly it’s very popular! I think when it comes to your eyes and eye make up, it’s usually worth paying a little more for something which won’t irritate / hurt. I’ve used plenty of eye make up products before which seriously hurt my eyes!

Jenny in Neverland

March 21, 2019 at 5:18 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I totally agree, I’ve tried so many which I didn’t get on with at all so I’m so happy to have found this! x

March 23, 2019 at 6:16 pm
  • Reply Ellie Phillips

Your photos are amazing 😍

March 21, 2019 at 5:21 pm
  • Reply Chloe Dickenson

This sounds awesome; I hate products that claim to remove all traces of makeup and then don’t follow through but this one sounds great! xx

March 21, 2019 at 5:24 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I HATE most makeup removers but this one is so different to any others I’ve tried! x

March 21, 2019 at 7:05 pm
  • Reply Irena BookDustMagic

This sounds great. I’ll have to check if Gatineau is available in my country.
    Thanks for the review. 🙂

March 21, 2019 at 5:29 pm
  • Reply Lisa

The same pH as our tears? That is actually amazing and when you think about it, it makes such good sense that you wonder why all eye make up removers aren’t made to the same standard. I’m terrible about using separate products to take my make up off, I just use my face wash to remove everything and then a bit of micellar water on a cotton pad to remove anything left over under my eyes. I’m quite happy with the slept in look the next morning, haha. This product does sound like it’s worth the price tag though, proving once again that you do get what you pay for. Great review, Soph:)

Lisa x

March 21, 2019 at 5:30 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s amazing isn’t it?! I typically find this type of makeup remover quite faffy but this has been amazing! x

March 22, 2019 at 2:14 pm
  • Reply Em

Not only am I very lazy with removing makeup, but I always find eye makeup such a task to take off – so this product sounds great! xx

Em // http://www.emilybecca.com

March 21, 2019 at 6:26 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I wear liner and mascara every day so this has been amazing! x

March 22, 2019 at 12:43 pm
  • Reply Amie Cadwallader

I’ve heard a lot about this brand lately! This sounds liek a wonderful make up remover!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

March 21, 2019 at 9:17 pm
  • Reply Lex

This stuff sounds amazing! I hate oily eye make up remover, and also have issues with dark circles!

March 22, 2019 at 6:43 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

This has absolutely no oil so is perfect! x

March 23, 2019 at 6:09 pm
  • Reply Khanak

Finally, a product that does what it says! This sounds wonderful, and definitely something I wouldn’t mind investing in. Great post!
    Khanak x

March 23, 2019 at 12:24 pm
  • Reply Danielle xx

I feel like I am going to have to get my hands on this item!

Danielle xx

March 23, 2019 at 4:14 pm
  • Reply Beka

This sounds perfect! Taking off mascara is the worst part about make-up for me, sometimes I would rather leave it on and tackle it the next morning than try and take it off at night (bad, I know 🙈). I’ll have to try this out! Although, I’m currently using one of those no-product make up cleansing cloths and it works wonders to get that mascara off quickly ☺️

Beka | http://www.bekadaisies.com

March 23, 2019 at 5:54 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Noo definitely take it off at night haha! I love the no-product makeup cloths too but they just don’t work on waterproof makeup for me!x

March 23, 2019 at 6:21 pm
  • Reply Nancy

Love that there are more options for makeup removers that actually remove all of the makeup. Clinique does a great job at it except I hate how oily it leaves my skin. I need to check out Floracil! I’m glad the product worked out well. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this!

March 24, 2019 at 3:31 am
    • Reply sophhearts

I totally agree- I love Clinique generally but I just can’t get on with their remover. You do, I’d 100% recommend it!x

March 24, 2019 at 5:31 pm
  • Reply Kristin Harris/Tales from Home

I feel like I need this in my life. Attempting to remove waterproof mascara is a real pain!

March 24, 2019 at 12:09 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I’d recommend it to anyone who wears stubborn eye makeup for sure! x

March 24, 2019 at 5:36 pm
  • Reply Lucy

I’ve never heard of this before but it sounds pretty good, I have so much skincare in my cupboard at the moment but when I need a top up – I’ll remember this!

Lucy | Forever September

March 24, 2019 at 7:10 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Definitely keep it in mind! Its a game changer for stubborn make up- especially waterproof! x

March 26, 2019 at 9:46 am
  • Reply Lucie Fox

Love this review – I might have to give this brand a try!

March 24, 2019 at 9:42 pm