All Topics, Beauty

Floracil: Gatineau’s Best Selling Solution To Stubborn Eye Makeup

Floracil Eye Makeup

After endless demands from skincare lovers, Floracil has ended a three-year hiatus to grace our lashes once again. From this month it’s available nationwide. I was lucky enough to be one of the first to bag one and it’s a product I’d definitely recommend.

Removing Eye Makeup

In an attempt to reduce waste I switched to using The Original Makeup Eraser and its Primark dupe over a year ago. Despite being incredibly effective in terms of removing standard mascara, I’ve long since learnt not to use it to tackle anything waterproof. Although it will eventually work, it requires a much more aggressive hand and has resulted in a few lost eyelashes. Dark circles are something I’ve accepted as hereditary. For that reason, I avoid other under eye issues by being as gentle as possible.

Floracil by Gatineau | £22 (200ml)

I’ve never gotten on with stand-alone eye makeup removers, preferring wipes as a less faffy alternative for stubborn makeup. However, after hearing that Floracil was once Gatineau’s best selling product of all time, my curiosity got the better of me. The product reminds me of an oil-free version of Clinique’s Take The Day Off.

What really sets it apart from the crowd is that it’s been formulated with the same pH as our tears. I don’t know about you but I find that pretty incredible attention to detail. This explains how such an effective product is simultaneously gentle enough to avoid stinging, irritation or puffiness. I’m a not-so-proud contact lens wearer and hay-fever sufferer which justifies my critical opinion on eye makeup removers generally. I can without a doubt say that this is the best I’ve ever used. I no longer have to reach for an oily cleansing balm every single time I want to remove waterproof eye makeup (which is much more often now that I’m regularly visiting the gym). Although I love balms like Emma Hardie’s, they’re typically too expensive to be using often and purely because I have no other way of removing stubborn mascara. Gently wiping Floracil across the eyes allows it to work by effortlessly melting away makeup and impurities. And it is effortless.

Floracil contains algae extract which claims to treat dark circles and stimulate micro-circulation. As someone with circles so dark that without concealer people ask if I’m ill- I regret to report that I’ve seen no noticeable improvement to my own. On a more positive note, the chamomile and cornflower do work to soothe the delicate eye area as promised.

Gatineau Eye Makeup

Final Thoughts

Every single aspect of the product justifies its status as luxury skincare. Its effectiveness is impressive but it’s the ease and experience of use which has converted me. Mine is from QVC which is double the ml of that sold by Gatineau (for less than double the price). A little of this goes a very long way so I have a feeling this will last a good while, but right now I have no doubts that I’ll be repurchasing when necessary.

*  This post contains a PR Sample which has been sent for me to review and give my honest opinion about. I was under no obligation to feature. All words, images and opinions about the suitability of the product are my own. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply Liz

I also have never heard of this brand, thank you so much for introducing it to us, it was very interesting to learn about new products!
    Lots of love ♥ January Girl

March 25, 2019 at 3:43 pm
  • Reply Aaliyah

This sounds like an eye makeup remover that I need! I’m always on the lookout for really effective removers that don’t contain oil because I have eyelash extensions! I haven’t tried out this remover before but it definitely sounds like something I want to get my hands on! X

March 25, 2019 at 5:26 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I don’t have extensions myself but there’s absolutely no trace of oil whatsoever so it should work well for you! I absolutely love the stuff haha x

March 26, 2019 at 9:52 am
  • Reply Fay Charlton

Never heard of this brand before, but it sounds amazing I will have to give it a go! X

March 25, 2019 at 9:59 pm
  • Reply Radi

I would love to try this. It’s always a bit hard for me to completely remove my make-up.

March 26, 2019 at 1:21 am
    • Reply sophhearts

Its a game changer! I usually only struggle with waterproof mascara but not any more! x

March 26, 2019 at 9:55 am
  • Reply Cate

I usually use the CT eye make up remover which works wonderful for eyes but it’s almost over so this new one could be a great new purchase!

Cate // 35mminstyle

March 26, 2019 at 10:29 am
    • Reply sophhearts

Ooh I’ve not tried that one yet! I’d definitely recommend it! x

March 27, 2019 at 1:36 pm
  • Reply New Lune

I haven’t heard of this brand or product before but this sounds amazing! Love your pictures x

March 26, 2019 at 1:23 pm
  • Reply Deborah Kos

I have never heard of this product. I’ve tried a lot of make up removers. Some make up is really hard to get off. It is good to know what works and doesn’t work. I will remember this product especially since it is on QVC.

March 26, 2019 at 10:14 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I’d definitely recommend it- the QVC offer works out cheaper considering how much you get, so it’s a good option! x

March 27, 2019 at 3:12 pm
  • Reply Jacob

I use garnier and it removes everything, this also looks nice though!

March 27, 2019 at 3:04 am
  • Reply Mercy

I need a good eye make-up remover, I’ve been using Clinique but I need an alternative.

March 27, 2019 at 4:07 am
    • Reply sophhearts

The Clinique one is way too oily for me so I much prefer this one! x

March 27, 2019 at 2:35 pm
  • Reply Anna

I´ve never heard of it before, but the PH is so important! Will definitely try Gatineau eye makeup remover!

Have a great week!
    Anna

March 27, 2019 at 1:43 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s a really great concept isn’t it?! I hope you love it as much as I do x

March 27, 2019 at 4:47 pm
  • Reply Flea

Sounds like a great product! Love your photos, too! 🙂

March 27, 2019 at 5:24 pm
  • Reply Missy May

I haven’t heard of this product before, but surely sounds promising. Thank you for the honest review.

March 27, 2019 at 7:04 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s definitely one to keep in mind! x

March 28, 2019 at 9:04 pm
  • Reply Chloe Chats

I haven’t heard of this before! It sounds great though, I’m a big fan of a product that removes eye make-up well and doesn’t irritate your eyes. Last year I used to just use face wipes to remove make-up which was probably not great for my skin and also not fab for the environment but now I use Soap & Glory’s Make-up remover and it’s my favourite thing everrr!

March 27, 2019 at 7:29 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I love the brand so it was great to try out one of their best sellers! Ooh I’ve not heard of Soap & Glory’s makeup remover so thank you for the recommendation! x

March 28, 2019 at 9:08 pm
  • Reply Gemma

This sounds dreamy, I wear a lot of mascara so always on the look out for something that delicately cleanses everything off x

March 27, 2019 at 8:27 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

This would be perfect for you! x

March 28, 2019 at 9:14 pm
  • Reply Sophie Wentworth

Okay, you have my attention. I don’t really know what the ph being the same as tears does for the product, but it makes it sound more eye friendly? I’m still *sigh* having to avoid eye makeup a lot right now because of the situation with my lashes. A lot of removers are still too harsh for my weak lashes and cause me to lose a couple even when I’m being gentle so this is definitely something I’d be interested in trying x

March 27, 2019 at 9:09 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Yes! It’s super gentle on the eyes and I’ve never had an issue with stinging so I assume that’s a benefit of it. Ooh yeah you don’t want to be using any that require excessive rubbing or anything either then do you? I’ve found this really gentle so it might be a good one!x

March 28, 2019 at 9:18 pm