All Topics, Beauty, Planet Friendly Living

New In SKN-RG | The Bunny Friendly Evolution Alpha Serum

SKN-RG’s ethos is one which I can fully get behind: visible proven results via clean beauty. Their Evolution Alpha serum launches on Monday 1st April, so I’m here to give you a weeks notice in case you wanted to be first in line!

SKN-RG | The Brand

SKN-RG ingredients are a level up from natural, with all products bragging clean beauty status. That means no known toxins or ingredients that have been linked to harmful health effects are in the formula. Their products are also Vegan Society and Soil Association organic approved and Leaping Bunny Cruelty-Free certified. You have to admit, that’s impressive.

Although I’m not vegan myself, I follow a few brilliant vegan bloggers like the lovely Glow Steady and definitely see it as a bonus when it comes to beauty.

Quanta technology uses light and sound to supercharge herbal extracts. This turns product into energy in order to overcome signs of fatigue, stress and ageing. SKN-RG = SKIN ENERGY.

SKN-RG Serum

The Product | Evolution Alpha Serum

Designed to prevent photo ageing, reduce dark circles and pigmentation and provide a lifting experience, it promises a lot. It also claims to harness the natural properties of plankton to shield skin from harmful blue light UVA and UVB rays. What I’m perhaps most impressed by though is the claim that it encapsulates pollutants, entrapping them rather than absorbing them into the skin. This allows them to simply be washed away at the end of the day, reducing the chance of breakouts.

The serum is a concentrated spa formula so SKN-RG recommends that a little goes a long way. I’ve tried applying it to both dry and damp skin and like Lisa, I prefer the latter. The serum sinks into the skin pretty quickly so the little extra moisture just allows for a more even coverage. I keep it in the bathroom instead of on my dresser and apply almost immediately after washing my face with NEEK cleanser.

Unfortunately, there’s no way I can speak for whether the product really has shielded me from pollutants and harmful blue light. I can, however, report that I’m impressed by what changes I have picked up on. The product provides my skin with a natural soft focus appearance, almost like a very subtle real-life filter. It also appears to brighten and applied before moisturiser, provides a lovely base for makeup.

The Verdict

The serum will be launched at an introductory offer of £65 instead of the usual £75 for 15ml. That seems a little steep, but its worth remembering that this is an advanced formula in a spa concentration. A little really does go a long way. The price also reflects the brands’ various awards, approvals, certifications and use of advanced technology within skincare. I’m extremely torn over whether I’ll be repurchasing this as two of the, arguably, most impressive benefits aren’t measurable outside of a lab. I do trust the benefits, but visibly seeing them would allow me to justify the price point a little easier.

*  This post contains a PR Sample which has been sent for me to review and give my honest opinion about. I was under no obligation to feature. All words, images and opinions about the suitability of the product are my own. Please read my full disclaimer for more information.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply Margarida Vasconcelos

Hi, thanks for sharing this. It’s great to know it’s a vegan product.

March 31, 2019 at 9:27 am
  • Reply Chloe

This was a really interesting post! You’ve made sure to really cover all the bases and I appreciate your honesty surrounding whether or not the product has done what it claims to do. All the awards and cruelty free aspects are very impressive and definitely make it seem more reliable as a non-harmful beauty product. It is pricey I agree with you there, but like you said a little goes a long way. Thanks for sharing 😊 x

March 31, 2019 at 10:07 am
    • Reply sophhearts

Thank you! It is a pretty impressive product all things considered x

March 31, 2019 at 10:29 am
  • Reply Annie

Wow, very informative! I’m definitely taking a lot away from this post. Especially about the more technical side of this product. This serum sounds very interesting. i’d definitely be keen to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

March 31, 2019 at 10:52 am
    • Reply sophhearts

I’m so glad you think so! I find the technical side so interesting to be honest- the idea of a product inspired by energy is just amazing! x

March 31, 2019 at 4:53 pm
  • Reply Lisa

I’m always on the lookout for a new serum and this one sounds great. I also like the consistency and that it’s vegan friendly too. (I’m not vegan either but appreciate the products!)

March 31, 2019 at 11:23 am
    • Reply sophhearts

I couldn’t be without a serum now but usually only use on in the evening so it’s been lovely to use this in the mornings too! x

April 1, 2019 at 6:34 pm
  • Reply Elina

Happy to see more clean beauty products on the market! It’s scary how many toxins and chemicals are in our skincare products. This sounds amazing especailly if it helps with dark circles!
    Elina | http://www.justsoelina.com

March 31, 2019 at 10:13 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It’s great peace of mind isn’t it?! It has so many wonderful benefits x

April 1, 2019 at 7:04 pm
  • Reply Sophie Wentworth

This sounds amazing! If it does help protect against blue light, I need this in my life. But even for that soft focus glow, it sounds like it’s worth it. Skincare is definitely something worth investing in anyway for the longer term results. Great post and thank you for the mention! x

March 31, 2019 at 10:19 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

SKN-RG’s lab studies definitely suggest that it does! I totally agree, skincare is one of my top priorities to be honest. Of course lovely! x

April 1, 2019 at 7:05 pm
  • Reply Zorica

Great review.
    Thanks for the introduction.

March 31, 2019 at 11:36 pm
  • Reply Melissa Kacar

I never heard of this product before! The price is a bit high, but if it actually works then it could be worth the price! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it! 🙂

melissakacar.blogspot.com

March 31, 2019 at 11:55 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

Its brand new so not surprising! I agree- good skincare is definitely worth an investment! x

April 5, 2019 at 9:47 pm
  • Reply Jessica May

Quality beauty products have been demanded and amazing products like this is what you get. Love the ingredient list!

April 1, 2019 at 5:34 am
  • Reply Mercy

It’s nice to know about this product, looks like an excellent one. Love the neat packaging.

April 1, 2019 at 6:24 am
  • Reply Radi

Looks lovely and I always enjoy trying vegan products!

April 1, 2019 at 8:25 am
  • Reply Margot

Looks like such an interesting product !
    I never tried any serum before.
    Xx
    Margot

April 1, 2019 at 3:14 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It certainly is! Oh serums do wonders for my skin, I’d definitely recommend investing in one even if that means trying out a cheaper version to begin with! x

April 2, 2019 at 3:29 pm
  • Reply Hayley

Its great to see SKN-RG are taking cruelty and environmental factors so seriously. Save the bunnies! 😉
    Hayley x
    educatinghayley.com

April 1, 2019 at 3:59 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

I completely agree- I think its such a huge bonus in any beauty brand x

April 1, 2019 at 7:23 pm
  • Reply Jenny in Neverland

I’m not Vegan either but I love using Vegan beauty products! This sounds amazing <3

Jenny

April 1, 2019 at 5:27 pm
  • Reply Aimsy

Ooo this product sounds intriguing! I like how you say it made your face feel and look after applying it. I like the sound of a soft focus effect. Would you say it has improved the look of your skin overall?
    The price tag is a little steep…I wonder if it is to balance out the cost of making this non-toxins and vegan-friendly?

I don’t know if I will purchase but it does sound like a lovely serum!
    Thanks for sharing,

Aimsy xoxo

April 1, 2019 at 5:34 pm
    • Reply sophhearts

It has a lot of benefits doesn’t it! It definitely improves the appearance of my skin in the short term but I think the blue light and anti-pollution would be very hard to measure over a long term- the lab results are promising for sure! x

April 1, 2019 at 7:16 pm